Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MySandman day

MySandman day

I have just been reading some of the threads about having a MySandman club. With over 2000 members on the MySandman forum why can't we just try to organise a day were we could all catch up for a BBQ, chat and drinks. It would be a great opportunity to check out everyone's machines, get to talk to members face to face instead of online.....find out members real names lol. It has all the social benefits of a club without all the legalities and paper work that goes with it. MySandman day sounds like an awesome day.

There will be a whole heap of us at the 40th Van Nationals in Bathurst next month.

“485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Yeah I know the nationals is on....I can't make it on that date, bugger!!!

I was hoping to get down for it but it falls in the middle of my swing. Might be able to get some leave. If not I will be on here to look at all the pictures the lucky ones took of the event.

It's a great idea Jerry, but we are spread all over the country and even NZ, so the Van nats is the only real opportunity. Thanks to Blocker and the people that run this site, we are all at least in some way connected. I can't imagine how remote I'd feel where I am without my daily MySandman fix.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

My mid-swing as well so wont be able to make it either, but I know everyone will have an awesome time.
    Remember to take photos and video to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    It's a great idea Jerry, but we are spread all over the country and even NZ, so the Van nats is the only real opportunity. Thanks to Blocker and the people that run this site, we are all at least in some way connected. I can't imagine how remote I'd feel where I am without my daily MySandman fix.
    Yeah I realise that the Vans nats is a perfect time to catch up but why not use this forum for a real meet and greet. Example, say have a meeting point at Torquay at 9:00am, cruise down the Great Ocean Road, with a BBQ at Lorne. I realise location would be a problem but have another MySandman day somewhere else, say Batemans Bay, or Sunny Coast? You would only need a handful of vans to make it a fun day.

Jerry, for what you're suggesting I guess if you do a post on here of a time and date and intended cruise meeting point and hopefully get a bunch of people turn up.

bogan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah I realise that the Vans nats is a perfect time to catch up but why not use this forum for a real meet and greet. Example, say have a meeting point at Torquay at 9:00am, cruise down the Great Ocean Road, with a BBQ at Lorne. I realise location would be a problem but have another MySandman day somewhere else, say Batemans Bay, or Sunny Coast? You would only need a handful of vans to make it a fun day.
    wil it be a free barby? give me notise plese so I cen get the kia carny redy. the 7 kids wil reely hav fun!

Thread Information