Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never seen a maloo "sandman" Gumtree

Learner Driver

Never seen a maloo "sandman" Gumtree

I've seen a couple advertised over the years.
    That one sure has some goodies on it. If I was going to spend 40k on a "New Sandman" I reckon that would be the one to get.

Yeah there are a couple of Maloo Sandmans that are official. Most were black.

First let me say I think this thing is awesome and a very neat example.
    Wheels don't do it for me but that's a personal thing. I though; don't believe this car to be a HBD Sandman.
    It was without canopy up until fairly recently. I seem to remember a White V6 Sandman being a donor for the canopy. (It could be a different car - maybe!)
    Although it has NSW plates the car is in Western Australia. The bonnet gap to guard looks rather large (although it might well be one of those aftermarket fibreglass bonnets?)

Anyway it's a neat piece and looks great.

I would be checking 1. Is it a true HSV Maloo? 2. Was it a HBD Sandman fitout? 3. Why is the bonnet gap so large?

Of course even if it's not HSV Maloo or HBD and simply a well done custom that's still very cool. But know what you are buying.

Sandman Guru
    Was it possible to apply anything HBD to a HSV? As a proper HBD install I mean, I know it'll fit. Originally HBD was the channel by which you could fit HSV stuff to your Holden (like the 195kW 5.0L VSIII engine).

It was because quite a few exist. I'm a little unclear on what they did as far as the build plate goes. Almost 100% sure you retained the HSV plate. Just not sure how the "CAN" option was added. If it was onto the HSV plate and whether you also got a HBD plate also.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    I really like it a lot as well.

Love the colour.

I am puzzled at the bonnet / guard gap as well.

Also, I know, old complaint but, your asking $45k for a car, but all the pics you can and some interior shots lol.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    It was because quite a few exist. I'm a little unclear on what they did as far as the build plate goes. Almost 100% sure you retained the HSV plate. Just not sure how the "CAN" option was added. If it was onto the HSV plate and whether you also got a HBD plate also.
    I reckon there would be no HBD association, it'd be a HSV part or option code or simply added to a new ute like any other "genuine" accessory supplied by the aftermarket has ever been (radios, wheels, bullbars, canopies etc).

Innuendo i think the gap is because the bonnet is not locked down in position, i do this as well when stored so it reminds me to check under the bonnet before i take it for a run just incase the cat has decided the make its home there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Yeah there are a couple of Maloo Sandmans that are official. Most were black.

First let me say I think this thing is awesome and a very neat example.
    Wheels don't do it for me but that's a personal thing. I though; don't believe this car to be a HBD Sandman.
    It was without canopy up until fairly recently. I seem to remember a White V6 Sandman being a donor for the canopy. (It could be a different car - maybe!)
    Although it has NSW plates the car is in Western Australia. The bonnet gap to guard looks rather large (although it might well be one of those aftermarket fibreglass bonnets?)

Anyway it's a neat piece and looks great.

I would be checking 1. Is it a true HSV Maloo? 2. Was it a HBD Sandman fitout? 3. Why is the bonnet gap so large?

Of course even if it's not HSV Maloo or HBD and simply a well done custom that's still very cool. But know what you are buying.

Bonnet is definitely unlatched in the last photo. Were scoops available on bonnets to fit VZ headlight and grille?

Learner Driver
    Yeah it's definitely a beast. I'm the same with you guys, don't like the rims much at all. It does say custom so guessing he has spent a lot of $$$ on it. Was wondering tho, this would be a better fit out to say the mocked up ssv sandman that's coming out soon? As far as option go? Minus the sandman plates. It is one of a kind. That's for sure.

But we are after the genuine real deal at the end of the day.

Thread Information