Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Future News

GM Future News

http://carsales.mobi/editorial/details/ED-ITM-49802

GM provided a sneak-peek at five all-new models that could start appearing in Holden showrooms from next year.

The smallest new Chevrolet model confirmed for US release this year is the next-generation Chevrolet Spark, which has already been officially teased ahead of its near-simultaneous world debut at the Seoul and New York motor show on April 2 and 3 respectively.

The new Spark has also been confirmed for release in Australia as the next Holden Barina Spark in the first quarter of 2016.

Next up is the second-generation Cruze small car, which appears to be a US version of the all-new model revealed in China last year.

Holden has just released an upgraded Cruze line-up and says it remains committed to Australian production of the Cruze until 2017, when it closes its factory doors.

So far there's no sign of a redesigned Cruze hatchback, so it's unlikely we'll see an all-new C-segment model range from Holden in Australia next year.

Similarly Holden communications chief Sean Poppitt would not confirm the local future of two other new models in the Chevrolet teaser image – the Volt and Malibu.

He said both models remain "under evaluation" by Holden, which has previously said it is yet to confirm whether the slow-selling original Volt will be replaced by the second-generation model revealed in Detroit in January.

Similarly, the Australian future of the unpopular Malibu remains unclear. Its replacement has been officially teased ahead of its New York show debut in April, but remains doubtful for release here, where the Commodore is expected to be superseded by a new model based on Opel's next Insignia and imported from Germany.

GM has stated the new Malibu will weigh up to 135kg less than before thanks to an all-new platform, which we understand is the E2XX architecture that also underpins Opel's next Insignia and almost certainly Holden's next Commodore.

In the meantime, the current Insignia VXR sports sedan will be relaunched as a Holden in June, followed by similar launches of the Holden Astra VXR, Astra GTC and Cascada in late April.

The fifth and final model in the Chevrolet promo is the new Camaro coupe, which is now also confirmed to be both revealed and released in North America this year.

GM has committed to selling at least one rear-drive V8 'sports' model in Australia beyond the death of the Commodore SS in 2017, and we understand the new Camaro will be that vehicle.

There is also speculation the Chevrolet Corvette supercar could also be engineered in right-hand drive guise for Australia in its next generation, but that remains several more years away, while GM could also reintroduce its Cadillac luxury brand here by the end of the decade.

Some insiders suggest the 'new' Camaro now confirmed for US release this year is simply a facelifted version of the existing model, which is based on the same Australian-designed Zeta platform as Holden's Commodore.

However, it's clear from this teaser pic – and a previous one issued in January – that the 2016 Camaro will wear all-new bodywork, so it's almost certain it will ride on the lighter, more compact Alpha architecture from the Cadillac ATS.

Last month Holden promised to deliver 24 "major new vehicle launches" and 36 new powertrain combinations by 2020, including four to five brand-new models every year.
    Last edited by Blocker; 13-03-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Cruiser
    http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2015...02?csn_tn=true this is the link for those of us on pc

Fixed title and added content from article.

Let's not get in to the bad habit of just posting links without information.

Its amazing how little i care what Holden are going to release in the future. Semi interested in the Camaro...even then, it's 'whatever' from me.

I do not like the 'Americanized' names. It's like GM are rubbing our noses in it.

Wally
    Like Colorado and Commodore. LOL

Sandman Guru
    I'm very interested if they start selling proper trucks (K2500, C2500 etc) with proper size engines rather than the Asian toys.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I'm very interested if they start selling proper trucks (K2500, C2500 etc) with proper size engines rather than the Asian toys.
    Be nice if they wanted American prices though not the import prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Its amazing how little i care what Holden are going to release in the future. Semi interested in the Camaro...even then, it's 'whatever' from me.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    I can't agree with you more!
    I shudder every time a Holden ad comes on the TV and I've never done that before.
    All this Euro trash eco crap electric/hybrid rubbish with a smattering of US influence is driving me crazy.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information