Thread: SandmanOwnersClub contact

SandmanOwnersClub contact

Gentlemen....

After getting a heads up from Jeza about one of the forum members being involved in the Sandman Owners Club of Australia, i sent them a PM seeing if they can offer any info about the current doings of said club. About a good a reply as you could expect.

Reply is......

"Hi Mate,

How are you? It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but have been lurking occasionally.

Yes, I was involved in the Sandman Owners Club of Aust. The club was registered to my address and I looked after the website. Unfortunately we all had other commitments so ceased the club. There's definetly a market for it, this forum is a really good starting point too. If you want to use that same name I'm happy for you too. I think it might still be advertised in Just Parts or similar.

We did a few meets and shows which was great fun. One of our aims was to just get a large convoy of sandmans and cruise down the great ocean road. I'd still love to see / be apart of such an event.

Whoever made this site used a lot of my original info and images, which is fine. I'm not sure what else I can offer though? What's your aim with the club?

Cheers Dan"

So if need be, we have another set of hands available to get us to our goal...which is great.

I gotta say the Sandman community is pretty damn cool as a whole. Everyones attitude is so easy going. Unlike most other car clubs, theres always friction of some kind. We are the best people on the planet

I used to visit their old site a bit. Then it stopped and I discovered this one.

Pretty sure that they were based in Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads. Although I haven't seen his green van for quite a long time

Agree Ivan, the Sandman community is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Gentlemen....

After getting a heads up from Jeza about one of the forum members being involved in the Sandman Owners Club of Australia, i sent them a PM seeing if they can offer any info about the current doings of said club. About a good a reply as you could expect.

Reply is......

"Hi Mate,

How are you? It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but have been lurking occasionally.

Yes, I was involved in the Sandman Owners Club of Aust. The club was registered to my address and I looked after the website. Unfortunately we all had other commitments so ceased the club. There's definetly a market for it, this forum is a really good starting point too. If you want to use that same name I'm happy for you too. I think it might still be advertised in Just Parts or similar.

We did a few meets and shows which was great fun. One of our aims was to just get a large convoy of sandmans and cruise down the great ocean road. I'd still love to see / be apart of such an event.

Whoever made this site used a lot of my original info and images, which is fine. I'm not sure what else I can offer though? What's your aim with the club?

Cheers Dan"

So if need be, we have another set of hands available to get us to our goal...which is great.

I gotta say the Sandman community is pretty damn cool as a whole. Everyones attitude is so easy going. Unlike most other car clubs, theres always friction of some kind. We are the best people on the planet
    This sounds great, I'm with Jeza the owners I have met with and the ones on here are all good in my book. (With one exception.)

@Jeza....yeah I heard they were based around there. Is he's still willing g to be a part of it, I'll guess he still has his green van. Is it a Supermint van?

I only mentioned how cool everyone is coz my bro in law takes care of the Ford XR5 community...... Hilarious how much bollocks he's dealing with, with deadbeat members. Their ratio of 'Burds' over there is pretty high lol

@Bill....good to know they're cool guys. Easy to stay clear of any bad apples

Yeah they had a good site with lots of info, but it was never very active. They were around before the muscle car boom and the increased interest in sandmans.

Think they peaked too early!

Thread Information