View Poll Results: What club shirt do you want to see?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polo shirt

1 20.00%
  • Tshirt

2 40.00%
  • Hoodie

3 60.00%
  • Singlet

0 0%
  • Retro Shirt *smokes are optional*

2 40.00%
  • Longsleeve shirt

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club shirt ideas

Club shirt ideas

Seeing as the logo is 99% locked in....guess we can use it in shirt designs.....

Heres a few i did real quick......

Put some ideas up guys

Last edited by Alien DNA; 08-04-2015 at 11:28 PM.

I actually think the logo on the hoodie is the best one yet. The SANDMAN is a great size, and the lettering is nice and close together, plus the Car Club of Australia is more solid and tight to the SANDMAN.
    Looks awesome.
    Hoodie. Tick.
    Coloured raglan sleeve T Shirt. Tick.

Hoodies good but you guys need options. Who is wearing a hoodie on a 40 degree day at Hanging Rock?

The logo is set and remember it needs to be kept simple for embroidery costs. What if a member receives a t shirt as the standard option in their member pack, but can chose to upgrade at additional cost for another clothing item from a list of choices.

On second thought if you're doing a hoodie you should consider the good old duffle coats with Sandman Club logo;

The lumberjack look aye? I guess you could associate 'wood' with it

Saw this at a local model store i get my models from and thought a sandman version could be really cool......anyone dig it?

Very cool.
    Nunc est bibendum...

So these are on sale on ebay...is this the style you guys are thinking of for the retro designs?

So...i gave the guys at Forty Horse a call. The people who make that hq shirt i posted above. Link here.... http://www.fortyhorse.com.au/#!/c/0/...=0&sort=normal

After a chat with them for about 20 odd minutes....they can do whatever we like. I asked for a more front and side profile of a HJXZ van which they can do no worries. They recently have a new raglan shirts, long sleeves, tshirt, singlet, hoodie supplier theyre super happy with (great quality shirts).

It will be basically drawn from scratch which will take approx 5hrs to do. Coming in at around $300. Up to 4 colours as theyre screen printed and each screen is $60....so the more colours, the dearer it will be. They can do any lettering around the drawing we want as well. So maybe start thinking of a catch phrase for the club...a little innuendo never hurt anyone

To keep costs down, it could be a white shirt with black sleeves with a black print......or add a few colours and change the colour of the sleeves....its all up to us. The shirts themselves can vary from $20-$35 pending on colours.

Generally adult shirts, male & female, are screen printed....but kids shirts are generally heat pressed....just like the good old days.

As the image becomes a digital one, they can do stickers of the image as well. So theres another merch item.

I guess this will be brought up in the next club meeting anyways, but its just something to think about.

So what do you reckon fellas??

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    So...i gave the guys at Forty Horse a call. The people who make that hq shirt i posted above. Link here.... http://www.fortyhorse.com.au/#!/c/0/...=0&sort=normal

After a chat with them for about 20 odd minutes....they can do whatever we like. I asked for a more front and side profile of a HJXZ van which they can do no worries. They recently have a new raglan shirts, long sleeves, tshirt, singlet, hoodie supplier theyre super happy with (great quality shirts).

It will be basically drawn from scratch which will take approx 5hrs to do. Coming in at around $300. Up to 4 colours as theyre screen printed and each screen is $60....so the more colours, the dearer it will be. They can do any lettering around the drawing we want as well. So maybe start thinking of a catch phrase for the club...a little innuendo never hurt anyone

To keep costs down, it could be a white shirt with black sleeves with a black print......or add a few colours and change the colour of the sleeves....its all up to us. The shirts themselves can vary from $20-$35 pending on colours.

Generally adult shirts, male & female, are screen printed....but kids shirts are generally heat pressed....just like the good old days.

As the image becomes a digital one, they can do stickers of the image as well. So theres another merch item.

I guess this will be brought up in the next club meeting anyways, but its just something to think about.

So what do you reckon fellas??
    Howdy Ivan. Great stuff.

Sorry Ive been meaning to get a few design ideas drawn up but been busy with work n kids and stuff. Ill have a go at a few ideas before the meeting.

I reckon that sounds good, and that pic of theirs is pretty cool. Nice and retro. I reckon some colour would be great though. I reckon the SANDMAN and the seventies needs colour! I guess with screen printing they need to be block colours and not blended or shades.

Can we just give them the image/design and they do the colour separation?

And maybe one design for club members and one for sale as merch to recoup some costs? Depending on whether that's too expensive or no though? And maybe front and back prints? Although again that might be getting too costly..? I was thinking an image which looks a bit like a seventies rock band t shirt and the back looking a bit like a tour dates print, with an appropriate image like a van on a beach with a setting sun or something....

Anyway... I will have a go at a few ideas too, and I was thinking of something based around one or two of these slogans:

FRONT
    Australian SANDMAN Car Club or SANDMAN Car Club
    then,

Less torque, more action
    Livin in the seventies...
    Lifes a beach
    Holden on to the dream
    Keepin the dream alive
    Travelling in style

BACK
    Australian summer tour
    Endless Summer
    Freedom since 1974...
    Glamping since 1974
    On tour since 1974
    Hit the road
    Australian Vanclub
    Ute van sand man

etc etc.... Something like that....?
    Or any other idea for a slogan anybody else might have..

Anyway, Ill get back to ya. Cheers.

Thread Information