Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for my uncles old hx sandman van?

Cool looks like a phat van. Did it have a name that people might remember? Like " Nightrider" etc? A lot of people remember them by their names

I just checked wif him & he said he orderd it with a lsd but wasnt sure wat plant it came from. And he neva had a name for it back when he had it . He has still got the original gmh vehicle identification certificate & also owners guide & owners manual plus service records for the time he owned it n documented in a book evrything he eva bought for it along with the dates & prices he paid for what he changed & did on it .

I still have the identification certificate, and numerous receipt's from my ute ownership back in the day. I thought I was the only one who kept all the record's from the vehicle's of old, kind of nostalgic. The book's went with the vehicles though.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I still have the identification certificate, and numerous receipt's from my ute ownership back in the day. I thought I was the only one who kept all the record's from the vehicle's of old, kind of nostalgic. The book's went with the vehicles though.
    Robbo, Your not alone there. But eventually some of it will have to go. If the vans and utes we purchased in the 70's are still around they will probably out last us, ie as long as someone cares and can Keep throwing money at them.

P Plater
    I can only hope this was not how yours ended its life.
    PDF1075.jpg

Wally
    If you had that one recorded you can now rule a line.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_sozza View Post
    I just checked wif him & he said he orderd it with a lsd but wasnt sure wat plant it came from. And he neva had a name for it back when he had it . He has still got the original gmh vehicle identification certificate & also owners guide & owners manual plus service records for the time he owned it n documented in a book evrything he eva bought for it along with the dates & prices he paid for what he changed & did on it .
    It doesn't look like an order in the records as it originated at the Adelaide zone office, so it was probably a stock vehicle and Young and Green simply picked it either out of Elizabeth (SA) stock or off the schedule. If it was an ordered car it would almost always appear either through the NSW or Sydney zone offices and would be built at Pagewood. What would happen is your uncle would tell Y&G Toronto he wanted an 1898-18V XX7 van in 4.2 4spd LSD with DL7 (delete) stripes, they would look at the plant stock or at the production schedule to see if there was an unallocated vehicle and say "yes we can get you one in x weeks" if one was there - this is no different to how it works today. The van was completed late may and recorded as sold 6/77 although delivery may have been early 7/77. When your uncle 'ordered' it would be a key piece of information to. Of course it is possible another factor dictated it be built in Elizabeth, but normally you'd see the Sydney or NSW zone office next to the dealer code if that was the case.

Learner Driver

my hx van

Hk1837 I purchased a hxsandman van locally in gunnedah from a private seller back in1988 which I believe came from newcastle as it had a sticker on the radiator support panel saying Newcastle radiator repairs and a williamtown air base carpark entry sticker on front right side bumper bar, just wondering if you knew of this van it is contessa gold rego number jwp 693 body no 399536b. Chassis no ahx 04259b 9/76 I've had it since 1988 and still in same paint it left factory but has weathered with age, not sure if you had record of it, some info from where it did come from would be much appreciated if possible thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    Those number plates look familiar. What are they on now?
    The last car these plates were on was a RED 1975 Jaguar that was until the rego expired in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI_Pilot View Post
    I can only hope this was not how yours ended its life.
    PDF1075.jpg
    Ouch! That one must have hurt.
    Door handle and lock look OK though......
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information