Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for my uncles old hx sandman van?

Do u mean the gj number pl8s?

Hey byron i just recheckd with him & he took delivery of it from y&g toronto on 9/6/1977 not 7/77 as earlier mentiond & says as far as he recalls he waited approx a month or there abouts from when he orderd it & he also thinks the caprice frnt & sill moulds he orderd on it were fitted at buid plant not the dealer ship & he now tells me he also orderd power steer on it as well but no a/c & he gunna hav a dig & see if he can find a order sheet on it with all options he added etc n tht may also have a precise order date on it as well & said price new was $6715 plus $281 rego & stampduty & tht included all options he orderd it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_sozza View Post
    Do u mean the gj number pl8s?
    Yup, NSW plates GJ966

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman_sozza View Post
    Hey byron i just recheckd with him & he took delivery of it from y&g toronto on 9/6/1977 not 7/77 as earlier mentiond & says as far as he recalls he waited approx a month or there abouts from when he orderd it & he also thinks the caprice frnt & sill moulds he orderd on it were fitted at buid plant not the dealer ship & he now tells me he also orderd power steer on it as well but no a/c & he gunna hav a dig & see if he can find a order sheet on it with all options he added etc n tht may also have a precise order date on it as well & said price new was $6715 plus $281 rego & stampduty & tht included all options he orderd it with.
    Assembly plants rarely ever fitted that sort of stuff, dealership had to do it. It would only ever happen with special order cars which this one can't be as it would have a NSW zone office code. I don't think it had steer on it, if it did it will probably be dealer fit too. It was completed I think 23/5 and with a delivery of 9/6 this is consistent with enough time there to get the panels changed. I'd say Young and Green grabbed it off the schedule and it was delivered to them by the end of May and they took a week to make the mods.

Maybe ask your uncle if he has the broadcast sheet from the car, it would show the nose panel if it was assembly plant fitted.

It definetley had power steer. He is guna have a look tonight for assembley sheet & order form if he has them so il keep u posted.

Hey innuendo yes tht would be correct he keept gj plates when he sold sandman in 1983 & said he let the plates go on a jag he sold in 2003 .

Thanks 4 all da feed back guys i new it was a long shot but u neva no if u dnt ask da question!
    Sandmans alive forever

Don't give up hope yet. There are a few Facebook pages dedicated to panelvans that you could try.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Cheers agro il kp hunting around . Did you use to have a green van with the agro pl8s a few yrs bak now ?
    Sandmans alive forever

2011 2 Rickshaws a.jpg
    This one????
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Thread Information