Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surplus Stock. Seconds etc.

Surplus Stock. Seconds etc.

18-5-15 MORE ADDED TO THE LIST!!!!

So we have some seconds. That have flaws. That some people maybe interested in.
    With a retail price of $550 a kit normally. These are great value!
    If anyone would like photos of any please let me know!
    They are of course all still SCREEN PRINTED onto clear.

Here is a list below:

Spares/Faulty/Not Complete Kits

HX DY3
    1 - SOLD
    2 - Scuff on sandman tailgate otherwise ok $420
    3 - cut, no small guard logos, tailgate and 1/4's are misalined underbase. Would be ok on a white car or wall. $250
    4 - cut, missaline undercoat on all stripes and tailgate. small sandmans are basically usless as they are badly missalined. $200
    5 - NO WHITE BASE COAT - x5 kits. $250 each (good for sticking onto a white surface! Mint stripes otherwise!)

HZ DY3 Mid
    1 - All ok. Except a slight mark on the Red in the Sandman Tailgate "S" $430
    2 - All ok. Except a slight mark on the Red in the Sandman Tailgate "S" $430
    3 - Good kit. No Sandman guard or tailgate. Front guard noses very slight missaline with colours. undercoat is good. $370
    4 - SOLD
    5 - SOLD
    6 - Cut. Complete. Missaline undercoat in small sandmans. Washy colours in Talgate logo a little. Smudge in Passenger rear 1/4. Rest are ok. $210
    7 - Not Cut, Some slight missaline in undercoat. This set could be fixed by masking it up and removing the white. Or profile cutting it out to the exact colour outline. Colours are good.$300
    8 - NO WHITE BASE COAT - x4 kits. $250 each (good for sticking onto a white surface! Mint stripes otherwise!)

HZ DY3 Dark
    2 - No Sandman Logos $420
    4 - Only good stripes Drivers rear 1/4, Drivers Door, Pasenger guard $180

DY2
    1 - SOLD
    2 - SOLD

HX DX5 (Plum, Purple, Dark Blue)
    1 - I have a couple of these kits. The print is Perfect! good alignment, But. The outer colour (plum/pink) is a bit too bright compared to the NOS sample we have. They still look great! In my opinion better than original haha! BUT they are not original. So I will drop these down to $450 a kit! CHEAP AS for the quality.

DY1 - Orange, Brown, Dark Brown
    1 - Full kit good print good alignment etc. But there is a hair in one for the stripes. Will do this kit for $450. again a very good price for this quality print!
    Last edited by stickthis; 18-05-2015 at 09:30 PM.

MANY of the above kits have been sold. So if your ummmming and ahhhhhhing about a set get it quick! ;)

More kits added to the first post today!

G'day Jason, just wanted to ask what is the approx. shelf life of the kits... I wont be needing stripes for a couple of years yet. Can they be stored for a certain length of time?

Cheers Max

Defiantly can be mate. Some of these kits I have had for a couple of years. They are still perfect. Aslong as they are stored in a cool try place. Stored flat is best. But if you cant stored rolled up in a large diameter is best. (about 200-300mm). Just need to be kept cool and obviously dry and out of sunlight. (not that the colours will fade in the sun as they are screen printed) but you don't want the sun to effect the glue.

OK, thanks for that. Also have another question.... with my limited computer skills, I haven't been able to locate a list of paint colours sandmans were painted & their respective stripe options. (tailking HX-HZ). Is there somewhere on the interweb that has a colour chart of what was out there from new?

cheers Max

There isn't Max. But I do have a list. If you can let me know a colour your thinking I can tell you what stripes it had (recommended by GMH)

Or if you like a curtin stripe combo. I can let you know what colour paints go with those stripes

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    There isn't Max. But I do have a list. If you can let me know a colour your thinking I can tell you what stripes it had (recommended by GMH)

Or if you like a curtin stripe combo. I can let you know what colour paints go with those stripes
    No sure what ex Prime Minister John Curtin had to do with Sandman stripes? Probably very little that's for certain!

Curtin
    /ˈkɜːtɪn/
    noun
    John Joseph. 1885–1945, Australian statesman; prime minister of Australia (1941–45)

I have a HX van in Persian Sands, & without wanting to insult anyone, saying I just don't like the colour at all. So short of finding a different original coloured van, I am looking at changing the colour scheme to something a bit louder, hence just seeing what was out there originally. It will be a occasional driver/weekend cruiser & definitely not worried about concourse (ie. has twin light front & yellow needle dash as that's what I like) but want it to be original sandman option colours with stripes. So far an Orange or Green is all that jumps out at me, but wanted to do an informed decision.

thanks Max

Orange is loud but i am biased

Thread Information