Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst 2015

Bathurst 2015

So fellas..

Im thinking about having my cherry popped and breaking my Bathurst virginity... And just to make it extra creepy, Ill be poppin a mates as well.. Who's greek!

Oh no this post is going badly already..

Ill start again..

Ahem..

Basically. Ive never been to the great race before and neither has a mate of mine, so we're thinkin about making the pilgrimage there this year, before the whole Holden Ford factory thing is gone..

So just wondering if anyone could suggest a good campsite to aim for, where you can get good views and hang with the local bogans? We're both up for it but both total newbies...

There seems to be 5 or 6 main camping areas, and I dont know one from the other..

Any advice appreciated...
    Cheers!

How many of you are there and what Re you planning on camping in?
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

So far just the two of us, and we havent really done much planning yet. Im gunna put the feelers out to see if any other mates are interested in coming along.

Might just share a big tent. That would prob be the easist in terms of space in the car, or we could bring his ute. Might bring the sandman but not sure yet...

Jess myself and my boy are all considering the trip too! Well we are all but booked. We are wondering the same! where to camp. where to setup etc! Plan to just take the tent! So also after suggestions!

I could ask about a spot at the winery, there would be only room for 2 families, as in two sites, as we are taking Adam this year, who does our panel beating. Once you are there though you can't leave in your car, unless you borrow our pass, as its inside and through the tunnel, and you need access passes. etc.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Wow Jennie that sounds pretty cool. Im not fussed about leaving during the weekend, as far as I can predict... What sort of areas can you still access from there though? Are you still able to walk to some of the other areas and viewing points? What part of the track is the winery on? Cheers.

Winery is on Mountain straight, you can walk everywhere, into the pits, over the bridge, you just need a paddock pass, just can't drive to town, but they do beer runs during the weekend, you just have to get there Fri arvo when the track is closed, and then leave later on Sunday or Monday morning.
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Awesome. Thanks Jennie. That would be great if thats possible. Sounds good to me if its a goer.

Would you be able to let me know if its possible when youre able to find out?

Me and my mate are civilised and fully house trained. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Awesome. Thanks Jennie. That would be great if thats possible. Sounds good to me if its a goer.

Would you be able to let me know if its possible when youre able to find out?

Me and my mate are civilised and fully house trained. Thanks again.
    Boy are you in for a shock

Jen if that was an option we also would jump at it! Let us know if it is. What tickets we need to buy etc etc!

Thread Information