Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17x8 alloy gts wheels

That's what I love about forums and members on there that you can trust the opinion of....

I was REAL CLOSE to calling them about the GTS 17" wheels. REAL close!

Not now.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Rob go on a web site called
    Wheelsforless in the USA they sell a rim called the Bandit at $162 each same as GTS if not better
    they come in 17/8 i have always wondered how much $$$$ to land a set in Oz
    think it would be cheaper to buy them from there even with shipping
    just a thought

I think shipping will be the killer, plus our dollar is quickly turning into the peso again but I'll have a look.

No hurry, I'm picking up another set of GTS 14" wheels tomorrow that are supposed to be perfect so I may just end up sticking with them.... I've got more wheels than vehicles to put them on now!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

P Plater
    hey guys finally got my set of rims very happy with the look as i prefer the polished rim look over the painted silver gts style anyway no problems at all with the fitment could have easily gone for the 18 or bigger, just keeping in mind i guess your ride quality will change the bigger you go. the rims look great were balanced good and feel nice and solid, i ended up getting a set of centre cap decals from rare spares and placing over the caps and i think it finishes it off nicely. i know its not for everyone but its my van to do with what i please. also i kept the original gts rims to be restored down the line rather than butchering them into wider rims or chrome band, ive got plenty of pics but cant upload them here as they are all too large files for some reason??

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhz View Post
    hey guys finally got my set of rims very happy with the look as i prefer the polished rim look over the painted silver gts style anyway no problems at all with the fitment could have easily gone for the 18 or bigger, just keeping in mind i guess your ride quality will change the bigger you go. the rims look great were balanced good and feel nice and solid, i ended up getting a set of centre cap decals from rare spares and placing over the caps and i think it finishes it off nicely. i know its not for everyone but its my van to do with what i please. also i kept the original gts rims to be restored down the line rather than butchering them into wider rims or chrome band, ive got plenty of pics but cant upload them here as they are all too large files for some reason??
    Sounds great! I look forward to seeing a picture and think you have made the right choice to keep and not butcher the original rims

I'm looking forward to seeing these pics too. Most photo's are a pretty large file size and need to be reduced down for forums. Easiest way if it's just a couple is to email them from your phone and select a smaller file size. Otherwise you need a program like Irfanview.

P Plater
    hey guys finally got some pics uploaded, thanks to blocker for his advice!!
    shes still not finished hence the average photos, cant wait till i get back in a few months to do a proper shoot anyway these will do for now, rest are on my profile albumIMG_0059-min (1).JPG

Very nice indeed

P Plater
    I like the modern take on the original wheels. Nice!

Hey GreenHz your van looks great!

Looking for a set of rims for my Hz ute. Are yours 17x8? If so what size tyres did you go with?

Cheers

Thread Information