A Perfect Circle
    Tomahawk
    Kyuss
    Anthrax
    Superheist
    Cog
    The Butterfly Effect

Various unknown pub/mates bands etc.

First album I remember owning was Midnight Oil-Diesel and Dust. Would have been about 8 or so, think my old man who was a mechanic/wrecker found the tape in a car and gave it to me. Still got it somewhere.

First album I can remember asking for when I was 10 or so was AC/DC-The Razor's Edge. Got it for xmas that year. Still got that tape as well.

Banned
    Big Rob my guess at the Chilli Peppers house owner would be Flea as he is Australian.
    My first album was The Steve Miller Band, The Joker. Good old tape.
    When Triple J came to regional Australia it was unreal. I loved it through the mid 90's. Can't stand it now though. Listened to triple m in the 80's when I was at school though.
    Human Nature..... That's my only "famous" connection sadly. Went to school with them.

Learner Driver
    thats an impressive list of good bands - I would have been at quite a few of those shows. Here are the ones I can remember at the moment in reverse order:

Kid Congo, Sunnyboys, New Christs, Roky Erickson, Motorhead, Radio Birdman, Rose Tattoo, Lubricated Goat, X, Wayne Kramer, Dick Dale, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath (part of of), Ozzy Osborne, Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Roland Howard, Mudhoney, Dinosour Jr, Screaming Trees, The Cult, Rage against the Machine, God, Neil Young, I Spit on your Gravy, the Gravybillies, The Band that Shot Liberty Vallance, Swervedriver, Hoodo Gurus, Iggy Pop, the Pixies, Frank Black, Devo, Southern Culture on the Skids, Paul Kelly, Warrumpi Band, Magic Dirt, the Family, White Stripes, spiderbait, the Hard Ons, Go Betweens, Ed Keupper, The Saints, The Aints, The Shedshakers, The Shindiggers, 45678s, The Hellikopters, Mr Fatpockets, Rocketscience, The Pogues, The Cramps, Buttehole Surfers, Bored, Powdermonkeys, Died Pretty, Deniz Tek, ...etc etc

Highlight for me is Dwight Yoakam at the Palais in 2012 (a real bucket list item), followed by a Painters and Dockers pub gig

Apart from that - Garth Brooks, Robbie Williams, Hoodoo Gurus, Cheap Trick, the Angels, Charley Pride

Amazing the different tastes in music here.
    As I'm not a big fan of crowds I don't do many concerts.
    I have seen Kiss,Bruce Springteen (thrice) I got to shake his hand!,Pink,Mental as Anything,Chain,Spectrum,The living End,AC/DC(All from Bon's Death.)
    Cold Chisel in London when I was there in 1983, Madder Lake,Chivalry and Shannon Noll.
    My first album? That's hard, my first Record was The pretenders, Brass in Pocket.
    I think my first album was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. On a cassette that a mate recorded for me.

This is a great thread. Plenty of nostalgia. I collect vinyl and have heaps of these bands. My first real concert was Railroad Gin with Carol Lloyd, followed by Slade at Lang Park in Brisbane. Status Quo and Lindisfarne were the support bands- about 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    The Beatles 1964. Festival hall
    You win. I was only just born, but love the Beatles though. I have seen The Angels, Mi Sex, John English, Russell Morris, Shannon Noll, Moving Pictures, The Radiators, wiggles, cockroaches, Aussie Crawl, Suzie Q, Mentals, most at the Parkes Leagues club. Should have gone to INX but ended up staying at Bathurst and didn't make it, big regret However met Rodney so all good in retrospect. Miss all the pub bands Ll to big and go to the big venues in Sydney.
    Last edited by jennie285; 10-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Cruiser
    Mine is a rather eclectic mix, 1st concert was Rod Stewart when I was a young fella (10 or so) Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Ben Harper (best concert so far), Goldfinger (everytime they have been in Oz), Beach Boys, Screaming Jets, Everclear, Mental as Anything, Pearl Jam, Regina Spector, Birds of Tokyo, Art vs Science, Millencolin, Metallica, Linkin Park (wasn't a fan but became one) and the Offspring

Late to the party on this one....
    Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Brian Setzer, Choirboys, Midnight Oil, Kiss, Metallica, Green day (don't judge me, went with the ex-mrs), Andre Rieu (violinist... Impressive show), AC/DC, Steel Panther, Steve Vai(multiple times), Pantera, Megadeth heaps of times, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Morbid Angel, King Parrot...... I could go on and on, 100s of shows.

First Album! Kiss Destroyer, followed quickly by Kiss Alive, Queen A Night at the Opera, Alice Cooper Welcome to my Nightmare, Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Fleetwood Mac Rumors. All on cassette as I didn't have a turntable.

Geez I bought a lot of cassettes! Wonder where they are now?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information