Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What bands have you seen Live?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that collects Vinyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc1991 View Post
    This is a great thread. Plenty of nostalgia. I collect vinyl and have heaps of these bands. My first real concert was Railroad Gin with Carol Lloyd, followed by Slade at Lang Park in Brisbane. Status Quo and Lindisfarne were the support bands- about 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Hard to beat that.

Only seen a couple. Angels, Divinyls in Mudgee. The Hoodo Gurus in Lithgow. AC/DC in Sydney. Bachman Turner Overdrive and George Thorogood in Canada.
    We are taking our three boys to see AC/DC in Sydney this year. I want them to experience a proper band before they disappear. They are already hooked on acca dacca so it will be unreal. They are 6,9 and 13.
    It's a shame pub bands area thing of the past.
    AC/DC have certainly become a multi generational band. Its well reported about the variety in the crowds at their concerts. One small thing you will appreciate (your kids ears will appreciate) is how audio engineering has changed the volume of AC/DC and other touring acts. Modern engineers use 'line arrays' or vertical columns of suspended speakers positioned around a stadium to fill it with equal parts of audio, it helps clean up the sound challenges and makes touring cheaper. The old days were all about a flat wall of speakers on either side of the stage with massive amounts of amplification for projection. The bigger the stack, the louder the concert. I heard the difference between audio styles from AC/DC ~1996 (Ballbreaker) to AC/DC ~2010 (Black Ice). In 1996 my ears couldn't hear for 2 days afterwards, in 2010 i could hold a conversation after the concert without issue. It was still loud and spectacular, but i think also a bit smarter with the sound improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSM50 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that collects Vinyl.
    Might be getting slightly off thread....but thought i'd share my 80's compilation vinyl. May as well share the embarrassment.

Tada!

Banned
    We went to the AC/DC in 2010 and it was great sound wise. Wolf Mother were supporting act and they sounded rubbish. No one took too much notice of them. They seemed to dispear off the face of the earth after that.
    Good music passes the test of time and is appreciated by everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    Might be getting slightly off thread....but thought i'd share my 80's compilation vinyl. May as well share the embarrassment.

Tada!

Lol. Insight into the 80's.

I think I have 5 of those at home

Tada!

P Plater
    Off to see Iron Maiden in melbourne may 9th , will be my third time seeing them ,metallica and justice for all tour , bon jovi , meatloaf , megadeth , albert king , robert cray , the crickets (buddy holly's band ) got to meet j b mauldin , buddy's bass player which was a bit of a thrill . Wished i had of seen kiss with there original line up and jeff buckley .If i could go back in a time machine I'd love to see jimi hendrix at monterey or woodstock . I can see jimi driving a panel van .

I went to see 10cc last November in Wollongong with my English cousin who has seen every band imaginable as lived all her life in London. She and I loved it. They played everything as if they were still in the 70's brilliant concert.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Our little group of mates (4 x middle aged blokes) went up to Sydney last month and got to see Cold Chisel do their last stand concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Bit of a historic night and glad I was there.

Our little group of mates (4 x middle aged blokes) went up to Sydney last month and got to see Cold Chisel do their last stand concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Bit of a historic night and glad I was there.
    I saw Cold chisel when was 18 years old fresh meat in a wild pub with twice as wild band
    bloody great night from what i remember

Cruiser
    I had a brain wave last Christmas. I'll buy a Vinyl 33 of each artist that Rhonda and I saw live together in 2015. Genius? Ended up 15 and took me months to track down and buy (and a turn table as well) ( nearly also bought a VH SS Comodore when I went to pick up a record of Hot August Night)

Thread Information