Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HJ sandman ute restoration

Banned
    I would go body colour as well. But the point needs to cleared up that not all were body colour. Otherwise yet another myth is perpetuated.
    The big problem is that this site can quickly become unreliable due to members who actually know the facts no longer posting.

I'm pretty sure we covered this previously. By HZ they were all body colour.
    Search the forum threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HJsandman75 View Post
    Byron told me that all utes up to late 1975 were painted grey vynacoat in the tray, afterwards all were painted colour as per car exterior.
    My original question was should I paint it grey, as original or go colour which is more popular?
    I prefer the colour but to be a true restore, I should go grey.
    Mine is early 76 and was painted grey vynacoat in the tray.
    Help me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    I'm pretty sure we covered this previously. By HZ they were all body colour.
    Search the forum threads.
    It was but only in passing on threads like this one. So if you do a search and it comes up on a page like the start of this you then believe that all Utes were body colour in the back.
    It's a shame Ozbox no longer posts. He started some great pages specifically relating to things like this. The info was accurate too. And that was what made this site great. Not dudes talking out their arse and thinking taking the piss is more useful.
    Oh and I know I am misinformed most of the time too. I think I have butted heads not long ago with you about Utes and I was incorrect.
    Last edited by wbute; 26-07-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added to

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tup39 View Post
    Mine is early 76 and was painted grey vynacoat in the tray.
    About all I can add is my HX Sandman ute is body coloured and it is 76.

Cruiser
    many moons ago I had a hz sandy ute white with blue stripes etc it had chicken shit in the back

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    It was but only in passing on threads like this one. So if you do a search and it comes up on a page like the start of this you then believe that all Utes were body colour in the back.
    It's a shame Ozbox no longer posts. He started some great pages specifically relating to things like this. The info was accurate too. And that was what made this site great. Not dudes talking out their arse and thinking taking the piss is more useful.
    Oh and I know I am misinformed most of the time too. I think I have butted heads not long ago with you about Utes and I was incorrect.
    There is no risk people as a collective have a lot of knowledge about certain things. Greg and Byron shared info and this was appreciated but if they have decided they have had enough of the forum for whatever reason it's not worth crying about. Anytime a definitive answer to a subject is confirmed it needs to be documented as fact. It's a bit like writing a book. You'll get most of it right but you will make mistakes and this is the likely reason it's never been done. I offered up a solution to Byron about a subscribed digital ebook where you could update at anytime (correct errors or add information/chapters etc) but this fell on deaf ears. People need to be accepting of personalities and take onboard that they are mostly right some of the time.... This doesn't exclude people like Byron or others, myself included.

Banned
    Crying? That's rediculous. Stating a fact. Want the best site then you need the best contributers.
    Last edited by wbute; 26-07-2015 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Crying? That's rediculous. Stating a fact. Want the best site then you need the best contributers.
    If we were to go along with your theory then nobody else knows anything and that simply isn't true.

Banned
    No that isn't correct.
    Somewhere along the road we seem to have ended up with social posts dominating over fact. To lose the most knowledgable for the sake of pointless one liner responses or dominating personalities isn't the way forward.

- - - Updated - - -

No that isn't correct.
    Somewhere along the road we seem to have ended up with social posts dominating over fact. To lose the most knowledgable for the sake of pointless one liner responses or dominating personalities isn't the way forward.

Thread Information