• Remove it

3 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remove the Shoutbox

Sand rig
    I don't like shouting.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't vote.

Thanks for the replies regarding the shoutbox.

Non technical explanation why it's not here anymore;
    1. It is an old program that doesn't work very well on the new forum software
    2. It would cost $125 extra to buy the new version
    3. In the past 3 years only 6 short conversations ever happened in the shoutbox

As Innuendo points out you can check new posts a couple ways;

1. Click on the New Posts to see all the unread posts since your last visit;

2. New thread posts are listed to the right. If you cannot see it, click the double arrows (marked with blue arrow) to open the panel.

Last edited by Blocker; 29-03-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Thank you for that explanation, makes more sense now. Everytime my computer guy visits & changes my computer so I cant drive it again, he explains that it was an old program & the computer couldn't run it. (I think that's his standard answer)

Also next question, how do you know now when you have a private message?

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Also next question, how do you know now when you have a private message?
    Up the very top of screen there is a "Notifications" word/button (top right of screen). New messages will be notified in this area.
    Use the side down arrow (drop down) to view options and access your inbox.

Banned
    If I can offer a suggestion, that box on the side does not work as well as the shout box. If you want to see what the new thread update is, you get directed to page one. If you used the shout box it took you to the updated post. Fastlane has the same problem. If a thread is quite active it gets frustrating going to page one every time.
    Personally, the forum seems vacant or sterile without it. I will kick in the $125 to bring it back.
    I guess that even if no one talked in it anymore, it was great having new posts there without needing to click on another button.
    Last edited by wbute; 30-03-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Learner Driver
    Blocker,
    I'm with wbute, i would jump on the computer and it would go straight to the box, and i could see what threads were active since the lasts time i was on. I will try the box on the right and see how that goes.

P.S. it is a thankful task that you and you helpers do to keeping the site running smooth. You and your work are appreciated. Even more so when the site is down for repairs and you think shit, there is some one actually putting a lot of time in.
    Regards:
    Croc

Banned
    Dead set, its poxy without the shout box. Like a HQ to WB without a V8, no GTS dash, a single system, 6 inch wheels, bench seats, column shift, speakers in the back of the door instead of the front, a broken HZ/WB blinker switch, two gear levers on an Aussie 4 speed, a two barrel carb on a 253, a 253, a Holley on a 308, 12 slotters on a Holden etc etc, it's just wrong.
    Anyway I guess I will learn to adapt.

Learner Driver
    Bring back the shout box. Just not the same with out it!!

You don't know how good something is till it's gone. Anyway WB said he'd pay for it. Lol. Thanks WBUTE.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

From what I understand it isn't compatible with the latest versions of the BB software. After the hacking issues a while back the forum software is kept fairly up to date so as not to see us having a repeat occurence of it again. Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but unless there is a patch published to allow it to be re-instated then I cannot see it coming back.

T.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thread Information