Thread: Tacho not tacho-ing : / and no temp gauge

Tacho not tacho-ing : / and no temp gauge

Hey guys,

ive just wired up the gts dash into my HZ van (HZ yellow needle dash) and most of the gauges are working fine, except for the tacho and temp gauge.

The temp gauge I replaced the temp sender unit with a brand new unit suited for a gauge (old one was for a light) and still nothing from it, and the tacho
    ive run the wire directly to the negative side of the coil (double and triple checked) and even polished up the terminals on the gauge itself and used new connectors to
    make sure its getting really good contact, moved the earth point to the frame under the steering column and took off the paint so it was making a good clean contact
    as well and still nothing : (

any ideas what it could be or will the gauge need to be repaired?

Cheers,

James.

Is the earth on the Tacho itself?
    Also mine is intermittant because of the electronic dissy. These cause the tacho's to burn out ALLEGDLY.
    With the temp gauge, have someone watch the gauge and earth the sender wire. The gauge should flick up to hot. Don't do this for too long though.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

yeah earth is on the tacho and I don't have an electronic dizzy so that shouldn't be a problem, it does have a 12v pink wire on the back as well, if it is not getting power would that also be it maybe?

I think the pink also feeds the gauges, so if there is no power to the pink, the gauges won't work.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

awesome cheers mate

Thread Information