Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HQ Sandman ute Brisbane-built azure blue

HQ Sandman ute Brisbane-built azure blue

Apologies if this is already in another thread but has anyone seen this? It's an absolute cracker by the looks of it:

http://www.musclecarstables.com.au/details.php?id=781

Thats is one very nice HQ ute if i do say so

That is a corker! I wonder what "best offer" would be on that!? Kyuss, check out the horn cap badge?

what a beauty! only thing i can pick is the chrome (kingswood) rear window bead that should be black (belmont). GTS blackouts on passenger side dont align and I wonder if tarp hooks were filled or just absent from factory... i'd have that in my garage.

wrong interior which could hold it back and theres no mention of log books or original matching numbers engine and rails

i'm being picky. awesome ride!
    BQZ

Picky cmon im not that big a fan of HQ but thats awesome

Wow.....you dont see HQ XX7 utes come up often at all.....thats all kinds of special

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    what a beauty! only thing i can pick is the chrome (kingswood) rear window bead that should be black (belmont). GTS blackouts on passenger side dont align and I wonder if tarp hooks were filled or just absent from factory... i'd have that in my garage.

wrong interior which could hold it back and theres no mention of log books or original matching numbers engine and rails

i'm being picky. awesome ride!

Wow, what an awesome ute. Look we arnt picking on the car, its brilliant, and the owner could of wanted the upgrades for himself.

Highlighting non-standard items helps us all increase our knowledge bank of what constituted a concourse vehicle.

I picked non-std speedo, door trims and scuff plates . Well done on the rubber floor I couldn't of resisted going the carpet.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

didnt notice the speedo. yes its got the nicer chrome kingswood scuffs and kingswood door trims.

It is somewhat concerning that it does not have original sandman 220 km/ph speedo. it makes you start to look elsewhere like body swap?? i reckon for the $$ it pulls you'd be pulling that console out and having a good hunt for that bracket. i'm probably jumping to conclusions but anyways. food for thought. stunning nonetheless!
    Last edited by Vombil; 16-08-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    BQZ

Oh hang on it hasnt got the original air in the tyres either
    and i thought us Torana boys were anal OMG

Banned
    Wasn't HQ available as a Kingswood like HJ? I just checked the id guide and it does say they were available as a Kingswood. I can't see any tag pictures so unless I am missing something I don't know if it's a Kingswood or not?
    Looks good though in the pictures.
    Last edited by wbute; 16-08-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Thread Information