Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AM Radio Adapter for the Ipod/ MP3

AM Radio Adapter for the Ipod/ MP3

Hi All

I have just become the exclusive Australian Distributor for the AM Radio Adaptor!!

I myself, have been looking for something like this for a few years now as I didn’t want to remove the original radio, but I wanted to listen to decent music on our club runs.

If you have your original AM radio in your Torana or other classic car, this is a great way to add your IPod or MP3 for those weekend cruises or long trips away!

I have just installed one of these in my 1979 Sunbird (took about 20mins) and it works a treat!! Very easy to install.

Cost of these are $160.00 plus postage, which is $5.00 per unit.

If you are interested in a pre order, do it now, as I have a limited number of stock coming in soon.

If you would like to know more, read on!!

If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Mick

Modern Technology to play your iphone, ipod or any personal audio player through your Old AM Car Radio.

MADE in the USA

Have fun - show off your classic older car and instantly play current or oldies but goodies through your Original Factory Car Radio with this product

Now you can hear your favorite music or podcast from your iphone, iPod, Mp3 or any player through your classic car radio.

One adapter for all functions
    Easy installation - plug and play
    Our AM Radio Adapter can be used on any old AM car radio from the 1930's all the way up to the present. May be mounted under or behind the dash. It can be installed in either 6-Volt or 12-Volt cars, positive or negative ground. Voltage is automatically adjusted. NO MODIFICATION to your car radio is necessary.
    Tune To 1000 On The AM Dial, adjust your MP3 or ipod to 50% volume. That's it.
    Install the radio adapter in just a few minutes in 5 easy steps
    For both 6-Volt and 12-Volt Car Radios
    Positive or Negative Ground

what a fricken awesome device!

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    I got one a while ago from the US..... they're great... I currently use it in my Landcruiser to plug in the IPod..... was way cheaper than buying and fitting a CD player..
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

I Pod device

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    Ski Man
    This is exactly what I want, we only discussed this in the shoutbox yesterday, I think I will order one....

Banned
    can you use them with a fm radio (later stereo with cd player) or are they am only?

I looked for ages for this set up for my Hq but didn't have any luck . So I settled for a I Pod docking station that sits on the floor . It would be great to have the adapter and have decent music coming from the original am radio .

If you want fm go to any shop that would sell anything that runs using electricity.. should be able to pick up something from $20. look for something along the lines of "I Pod FM Transmitter". you could always adapt one very easily to be hard wired in.

Hope this helps

Banned
    Ah I see how it works. Transmits through the aerial cable. Hate those fm transmitters. Never stay on the station. Just thought that setup might work better.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    can you use them with a fm radio (later stereo with cd player) or are they am only?
    Hi WBute

I am pretty sure that if you had am AM/FM radio, the AM adapter would still work through your AM band.

here are some FAQ's for you all....

What is the AM Radio Link?
    The AM Radio Link is the only all inclusive modern electronic device that connects your ipod, MP3, or any music media player you have to be played through an old AM Car Radio no matter the voltage or polarity. You control the volume and tone through the classic car radio. And the best part is no expensive modification to your prized vintage car radio it stays factory original.

How does it work?
    The AM Radio Link has a cord with a 3.5mm headphone plug that is inserted into your music media, ipod or MP3 player headphone jack, the audio coming in from your music media player is than converted to an AM 1000 radio frequency broadcast. This signal is placed on the antenna output cord with the old style Motorola era antenna plug of the AM Radio Link, that plug is then inserted into the antenna socket of your original factory radio. That is how the music gets into your old car radio.

I have an old 6 volt positive ground car will it work?
    The AM Radio Link has engineered a special proprietary Self Correcting voltage and polarity circuit. This means the same unit can connect to any voltage 6 or 12 volt and any polarity negative or positive ground. So the answer is yes. Connect the red fused lead to any voltage and the black lead wire to car chassis it’s that easy.

My ipod is stereo but my classic car radio is mono what am I hearing?
    The AM Radio Link takes the stereo signal originating from your ipod, the right and left channel and sends it to a electronic mixer on board AM Radio Link this now becomes mixed stereo audio, that signal is than converted to AM broadcast sent to your vintage mono car radio. And what you hear is a mixed version of stereo on a mono format. Yes you are hearing right and left channel.

Can I install the AM Radio Link myself?
    The AM Radio Link makes it easy to install. It’s done in minutes with five easy steps.
    (1)Unplug the antenna cable from your original factory car radio antenna socket. Plug in the male antenna plug originating from the AM Radio Link into that original factory car radio antenna socket that was just removed.
    (2)Plug the car antenna cable with the male tip into the female antenna socket originating from the AM Radio Link.
    (3) Connect the Black lead wire with a ring terminal to chassis ground. Attach to a clean metal surface with a screw or bolt.
    (4) Red Fused Lead wire with push-on terminal connects to the accessory terminal of the ignition. This is usually found at the fuse panel. Check with your vehicle owner’s manual for the location.
    (5)The Audio Cable (with a universal 1/8" /3.5mm plug) plugs into your portable music device, MP3 or ipod.

How do I play MP3, ipod or other music device through my classic car radio?
    The AM Radio Link has an automatic audio detecting circuit that activates when your music device is turned on. Just tune your old car radio to 1000 on the AM dial and adjust the volume on your classic car radio for best listening level.

What happens when I shut off my MP3 or ipod?
    The AM Radio Link shuts off 12 seconds after the last song is played or if you shut off your media player than your classic car radio returns back to normal play.

Do I pay someone to convert or modify my vintage auto radio to play my MP3 or ipod?
    The AM Radio Link uses a special design that requires No expensive modification or conversion, your radio stays factory original keeping your collector car dollar value.

Will AM Radio Link run my battery down when I only use my collector car on the weekend?
    The AM Radio Link receives its power only when the ignition accessory is turned on, so even if your car sits for an extended period of time it won’t run down the battery.

Will the AM Radio Link charge my ipod?
    The AM Radio Link doesn’t charge the ipod, the problem is variations in charge voltage (different models), plus newer iPod’s require special software.

Where do I mount Radio Link?
    The AM Radio Link may be mounted close to the vintage radio, under or behind the dash, hidden from view using double sided tape (furnished). Zip-tie all excessive wire to an electrically nonconductive post or brace.

How big is the AM Radio Link?
    The AM Radio Link is about the size of a deck of playing cards.
    How long is the warranty?

The AM Radio Link has a two-year limited parts and labor warranty effective from the date of purchase.

cheers
    Mick

Banned
    Thanks Mick

Thread Information