Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman Van for Sale

HX Sandman Van for Sale

Up for sale is my HX Sandman. Non original running gear, LPG 308, supra 5 speed, 2.6 LSD. Adelaide built 253 4speed, mandarin red slate grey interior.

Repainted mint julep 3 years ago - can put you onto painter. Great car and has been a lot of fun. Was thinking around 30K If anyone on here wants it PM me. Gunna be hard to replace this, probably never be a ble to afford an original again so maybe a replica. Need to finish our house.

I think 30K might be a bit steep. Non original motor, gearbox and diff. Non original paint colour, GTS guards. While a full resto costs this sort of money, theres not much left to denote this one as a Sandman.
    Good luck with the sale
    Last edited by jason.ruff; 05-09-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Are you bargaining with him Jason or just making a comment on price? I think it's a beaut car and from what I have seen it's genuine.
    So it has GTS guards, if I wanted back to original then I could sell them for a tidy sum and replace them with standard guards, as for original running gear - good luck in finding a car in such condition with all original matching engine and gearbox.

Asking price is for sellers and his prerogative. Good luck sandasharpe.

Nice van looks like it needs a little finishing off
    good luck with the sale hope it sells to

Thanks guys, its always hard to put a Market price on something that doesn't come up for sale so often and you have an attachment to. Feel free to leave feedback on what you think its worth, it may help me to get that bit right. One thing I do know, its less than I've spent on it. If I factor in the amount of fun I've had with this and the people I've met and subtract the value of the time spent working on it I'm definitely ahead. I include the time I've spent on this website in that.
    Last edited by sandasharpe; 05-09-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Rekon it is great value. When you look at insurance value vs actual replacement 30k is reasonable.

Nice house mate. How wide will the front deck be and will you put a roof over it. Love your van too.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Its a Harkaway Pavilion. 2.4 verandas all round. Harkaway are a great bunch of people - enthusiastic about what they do and it shows.

You would have an Attic with a roof line like that wouldn't you ? 30k for your van is about right I think, good luck with it.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Thread Information