Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WANTED - HX or HZ Original Sandman Van

P Plater
    Hi Jennie, that's very reasonable for what it is, I would have thought it would be worth more than that?

Learner Driver
    Thanks for keeping me in mind Jennie,

Had a look through your resto links today - Thanks

"Nice van". I can see it has had a top job done on it and restored correctly.
    The last thing I want to do is any tyre kicking, as im am genuinely looking to purchase.

Although your van is a standout & well restored vehicle, it is a bit out of my budget.

I will continue to search for other Sandman vans that become available within my budget.

Thanks & Regards,
    Greg (Melb)

No prob Greg. Just thought I would show you. Yes Bobsmith it prob is worth more but what it's worth and what I might get are two different things. Not bothered if I don't sell and only selling as we can't drive them all will wait until somebody with the coin is keen to purchase
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

I can defiantly vouch for Jennie's HZ Madeira Red Sandman. Its worth every cent. We were lucky enough to drive Mt Panorama track in it! Drives like new! What a buzz that was!!!! Again MINT van! Its very well done. Im picky and hardly picked up on a single thing that was wrong! If it was is was so very minimal! Its worth 50k every day!
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

P Plater
    Jennie is correct, it (and any other classic car) is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. However, as it is only a two or three owner car, original drive line, original interior, books etc and has not had major repair work to the body (i.e. minimal rust) it has to be worth more than one that has had major repair work, re trimmed etc, even if the finished product may look similar.

There was that HQ Sandman that was for sale not long ago for $72???? I know which one I believe is worth the most!!
    Last edited by bobsmith380; 22-09-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Would it (Madeira Red) be worth more if it was windowless from factory?

They all were James. Just many had windows fitted at the dealer. I myself don't believe that it would affect the value as they did a BRILLIANT job of filling them in.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

- - - Updated - - -

I agree BRILLIANT job!

Yep! I was surprised to see it had windows at one stage of its life. Impressive work.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Learner Driver
    Hi All,

I have updated this thread to include a few alternatives that might open up a couple of extra windows.

Now looking to include the following - A HX / HZ Sandman OR a HX, HZ, WB (plating V8) Van to purchase in Victoria.

If your looking to sell your restored V8 Panelvan, I would be interested in having a chat.
    I'm looking for a well restored van with a straight rust free body, good paint, registered with a 253 or 308 that runs well.

My preferance is a blue van, but any colour is still OK, as I am aware I cannot be picky with colours.

Pending condition, we can discuss a price when we make contact - (Looking at around 20K for the right van).
    Please send me a message & some pics, if its time to let go of your HX, HZ or WB (V8) van.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Greg (North West Melbourne area)

Thread Information