Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HZ Palais white Sandman tribute

yeah its not bad Jason :D that sucks there is always a car we have sold that we regret.

That looks like this oneIMG_0560.jpg
    Spotto in Mackay about three weeks ago

Bit of an update, finally have the old cam out and new cam, lifters, springs, timing chain set, manifold, carby, and re-painted rocker covers, still a little work to do to get it running but hoping to have it all ready for the all GM day in ballarat in a couple of weeks. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Coming on well.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Driver
    Looks like a nice van and good work, may I suggest there's no need to rush it for a show day, there's always another show just around the corner. Sometimes a deadline helps, sometimes its good to remember when restoring cars, you are also allowed to miss them. I reckon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    Looks like a nice van and good work, may I suggest there's no need to rush it for a show day, there's always another show just around the corner. Sometimes a deadline helps, sometimes its good to remember when restoring cars, you are also allowed to miss them. I reckon anyway.
    Wise words. I've ended up missing the last three AHD shows at Clarendon because life just keeps getting in the way of getting my ute finished. I'll get there one day!
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    bloke i know had a mini mental breakdown trying to get a kinga finished for show day. he didn't get it done and hasn't touched it since. sound advice for sure
    BQZ

Thanks guys, probably more of a rush to get it finished (atleast in part) because I'm currently driving my mechanics car around while the van is out of action and I'm sure he will need his car back soon haha, and really want to take it to the all Gm day so fingers crossed

Time for another update, didn't make the all Holden say (oh we'll always next year) but insides of the guards painted and back on, building the exhaust this weekend and can finally start it up and drive it againimage.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/10000770658...type=2&theater

Another update, couldn't build the exhaust because the crossmember I had from castlemain rod shop wasn't really any good and didn't allow for any exhaust to be able to run past it so when the headers went on the pipes were going to run straight into the cross member : / BUT not to worry as its currently at Carline exhausts in ballarat and those boys will fix it up and mount the system for me and I should have it back today. I'll (try) to post the video of the start up and part of the run in of the new cam we did, had to go out the back of the industrial estate where my business is because it was just straight out of the headers :P sounds tough though haha

Thread Information