Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HZ Palais white Sandman tribute

HZ Palais white Sandman tribute

I thought I would put this post here as my panelvan isn't an actual sandman, but a 12/77 HZ windowless, need to recheck original color but im doing it Palais white as it seems to be a lesser used color and I like it so atleast it will be a bit different haha. I bought the van from Adelaide start of October last year (2014) and have been working on it since. I bought a HZ statesman not too long after to use for parts (engine, front end ect) as the van was originally a 202 4speed, and has since been converted to a 308 5 speed (Toyota supra gearbox) painstakingly I might add. I'll be getting some photo's up of where it started and where it is now...when I figure out how to post photo's haha. have been doing most of the work myself but have a client who is a very good mechanic and his old man have been helping with all the engine conversion / rebuild work.

Your van will be very nice when finished Wilson, I look forward to seeing the photo's. I owned a Palais white, with stripes, sandman ute originally. I am probably biased, but it is a great colour, ha,ha.

Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

They can't all be an original sandman etc. Any panelvan is better than none, not many would know the difference. Put up some pics, there is a how to section on here right at the bottom of the main page.
    Last edited by jason.ruff; 25-09-2015 at 01:15 PM.

cheers lads, yeah I reckon it looks pretty good too, ill put some pics up now, found the how too section but the video doesn't exist apparently : /

this is how she started out when I bought her from Adelaide, single headlight front, hq prem seats and kingswood dash and wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPGIMG_2238.JPGIMG_2239.JPGIMG_2241.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 13815Attachment 13816Attachment 13817

That looks mint!

I must be off my game, that's the second windowless van to leave our fine state that I never saw go up for sale.
    My van is a rough replica in palais white if you want an idea on what the finished will look like, I've currently only got the hx single front on it not the hz twin.

What's the story with the one-tonner camper in the background, that looks like a good thing.

oh those photos are from the driveway of where I bought it from, they were the photos from the for sale add, camper isn't mine haha.
    one of the bigger pain in the ass things I have to fix is the side indicator lights had been removed, one side was just bogged over so no big deal, but the other was cut out and
    a flat piece welded in, so have to find the mount from another car to cut off and weld back in : / more photo's coming, of the statesman twin headlight front on, and some of the panel work I have started.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4111.jpgIMG_4148.jpgIMG_4197.jpgIMG_4201.JPGIMG_4204.JPGIMG_4230.JPG

Last edited by Wilson1985; 25-09-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Coming along nicely. I do like the look of the Palais White HZ vans. I've got a Palais HZ GTS (12/77).

Whereabouts are you located and what's your plan for the leftovers of the statesman? If you were reasonably close to the southern half of NSW I've got some ideas that require a stateman bodyshell.

thanks playwme, the only plans I have for the statesman is getting rid of what is left so if you want it I can arrange something, Im in ballarat (Vic) but do have access to a good car trailer to move it with, so inbox me if you want and we can work something out.
    Last edited by Wilson1985; 26-09-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Palais White. THE BEST COLOUR!!! I sold my genuine palais sandman a few years ago. After a divorce etc. I regret it every day!
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Thread Information