Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HJ Sandman ute for sale

Yes Steve that is correct and it is stated on the my sandman homepage under HJ sandman.

I see where you are referring to Fred, I just do not believe it is right. As I said I'm sure I've seen actual examples. And the update HJ Sandman brochure in Feb 76 still talks about the Kingswood ute. Surely someone on here has one?

i had a 4/76 and it wasn't a badged either way so can't help
    BQZ

A lot of strange cars slipped through in the build that technically shouldn't have existed. Sometimes it was a "special" order for an employee or management, or on other occasions someone on the line might have just fitted a bit that was from another car in front or behind and it was just let go. These cars aren't common, but they do exist.... mistakes were made and usually they were not rectified unless they were a safety issue.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    Did they change the way they attached the side bump strips on the Kingswood in late HJ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    i had a 4/76 and it wasn't a badged either way so can't help
    It would have been plated either 8WM or 8WN.

I have seen others, but I don't expect anyone to take my word for it without pictures, so here is one I found on the forum, 5/76 Kingswood sandman ute

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...the-scrap-heap

Well there you go, looks like the kingy carried on through in 76, great ute! Was this one ever restored?

Good pick up Sandaro.
    Now this really does put a spanner in the works as you have a gen hj kingswood sandman ute (being an xu3) that is built in 76,that it shouldnt be, and it is still has the gvw at 2000 kg that should have been derated in late 75. I have often wondered why the hj kingswood ute is considered rarer than the hj belmont ute and why they chose a cut off date of 10/75 with the change of gvw when just about all of the brochures even after 75 show hj sandman utes as kingswoods. I know some weird things happen in production but with the amount of utes left after 40 years of this model there are allot of contradictions starting to rear thier heads. Very interesting indeed!

Here's another one on carsales, XX7 plates 8WN Ute, ad says 1976, unfortunately a photo of the build date is not in the ad, but the body number is consistent with early 1976 Brissie build.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-3562705/?Cr=2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    Good pick up Sandaro.
    Now this really does put a spanner in the works as you have a gen hj kingswood sandman ute (being an xu3) that is built in 76,that it shouldnt be, and it is still has the gvw at 2000 kg that should have been derated in late 75. I have often wondered why the hj kingswood ute is considered rarer than the hj belmont ute and why they chose a cut off date of 10/75 with the change of gvw when just about all of the brochures even after 75 show hj sandman utes as kingswoods. I know some weird things happen in production but with the amount of utes left after 40 years of this model there are allot of contradictions starting to rear thier heads. Very interesting indeed!
    I think you meant 2200kg, which is correct for XU3, built after 10/75 when XX7 derated to 1950

Banned
    Could be a mistake on the ID page.

Thread Information