Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Changes - User Registration

ihatecats
    I'll have to check mine to see. Seems like we're building Walls.

Cruiser
    Blocker I am using my @oldholden.com email which is just a customised gmail acc will I need to change it?

Gonna need help here as I don't work and only have Hotmail any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat7051 View Post
    hey Blocker
    Just a quick one, will this stop things like the recent occurrences of people banned or kicked off the site from re-registering as new user and causing trouble? Also will it stop things like the one about ID's from being posted on the forum?
    Honestly it will not completely stop it, but it will slow it down. There are 2 things you can do to help.

1. Report a post that they see as unacceptable on the forums. You report a post by clicking on the triangle with exclamation mark in the the users post. Reporting posts will automatically send an email to me and all the moderators and we will deal with it quickly instead of not being aware of it.

2. Do not feed the trolls. This means do not reply to people who are looking for an emotional reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I'm in the same boat but with a Telstra account, have never accessed it and don't really know how to........
    Spike check your Telstra bill, it should have your email address on it even though you do not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt.p View Post
    Yeah im unsure too. Please clarify what needs to happen. Do we need to change our current email address. Eg those who have gmail hotmail yahoo etc . Do we need to change them in our personal settings?
    Yes matt, you make the changes under Settings > Email and Password.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatecats View Post
    I'll have to check mine to see. Seems like we're building Walls.
    I'm making this public so that it is transparent to all members. This is not the first time you have registered with another account after being banned for inflammatory posts.

You purposefully add signature banners and avatars that are not in keeping with the forum guidelines
    You have not posted anything constructive to a HQ-WB relevant post
    You are based in the USA and operate your own car forum and communicate with people to leave this forum and join yours
    You are the one building walls from the outside

Banned
    Sounds like a good idea Blocker. My email address is my Mrs one. It's been driving her mad for years getting messages from mysandman for years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Sounds like a good idea Blocker. My email address is my Mrs one. It's been driving her mad for years getting messages from mysandman for years lol.
    You can turn off any forum email service by going to ​settings > general settings > receive emails

What happens after the 14 day deadline if the new guideline hasn't been met ?
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

The member will receive a message when they visit the forum saying they cannot post. People will still be able to read the forum without disruption.

I hope this forum still has plenty of 'posting' members left in 13 days time.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Thread Information