Thread: Sandman Club Meeting ... November 1st.

Sandman Club Meeting ... November 1st.

Gentlemen....after a total shite last 4 months in my life, (long story) .... I've landed on my feet again...just barely

So, we can get this club up and running again.....if we are all still interested.

How does November 1st sound? It's a Sunday, so i hope to get in early on everyones calender to lock it in. Of course theres room for movement if it doesnt suit someone.

Seeing as i have a new place, with lots of room, I figured we could have this as the headquarters for get togethers......i'll put on a BBQ, put some beers and ciders on ice and we can get down to business in a relaxed environment and dont have to rush. Please feel free if you have any requests for food and beverages, happy to accomadate......just dont expect lobster and truffles

Located in Mill Park.

It would be really great if we could stare and drool at each others vans .....and laugh at mine ....coz, well, you'll see

Theres a quite a few items to cover, so we have to start somewhere. Bill & I had a great chat whilst cruising from Albury to Melb about it......and look forward to everyones input and field of expertise.

So if everyone can check out their timetables and letus know, that'd be great. Look forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers

Ivan

G'day all, sorry I've been a bit of a stranger of late. On top of the usual, work was extra crazy leading into having some family holidays and just come back on deck! Personal life also hectic just bought an old home to do up and live in (eventually) so my time on the Internet has been searching for other stuff rather than looking at Sandman stuff and the forum. Keen to catch up so I'll pencil it in. Hope everything is sorting itself out Alien - been think about ya... Cheers, Jez

Hey Jeza

I hear ya mate...life gets in the way....all too often. Best of luck with the reno....im sure it'll come up fantastic.

Looking forward to the catchup...been too long between drinks.

Heres thes club charter for everyone to have a look at. Any suggestions, just shout it out

Sandman Car Club of Australia - Charter.pdf

Yep I'm there with you on life getting in the way. Only had the van out of the shed for the first time since Bathurst (easter) last weekend. I'm in. Really looking forward to getting it up and going.

Ripper, thanks Justin...looking forward to meeting you I'll shoot you a PM of me address mate

Just got off the phone with Davestown.....hes also in for the 1st

I'll try get in touch with Hainzy as well and see if we can make it a full team. That way we get the ball rolling.

Thanks fellas

Just to touch base and remind you all....This Sunday is still a go ahead. Hainzy is working unfortunately but the rest of us are good to go.

Any drink or food preference, just shout it out and i'll make it happen.

11:00am roughly is fine...some will be earlier, some later, no stress.

Looking forward to catching up with you all

I'm not able to be there, but if there is anything I can assist with please let me know.

Mate, we could Skype... Just haven't found a way to digitally send beers and BBQ yet

So.......1st November meeting. Few guys couldnt make it....unfortunate.

But i will say...for this to move ahead, we need bums in seats. I know as much as the next guy life gets in the way and shit happens. But we have organised another meeting get together to finalise the things we discussed today.

Next meeting in the 6th of December......pull out you diaries and pencil it in.

The following items were discussed....

- Membership Joining Pack will consist of...
    ...Club Tshirt with club logo
    ...Patch with the year (each year a new pach will be designed with corresponding year)
    ...Bottle opener/key ring
    ...Club sticker
    ...Membership certificate

Reneweal membership pack
    ...Stubbie Holder
    ...Latest club Patch with year of renewal. These patches will change from year to year.
    ...Sticker

Merch ordered outside of membership
    ...Hoodie
    ...Male & Female singlets
    ...Stickers
    ...Calender consisting of members vans. Quality photoshoot to be organised.

Car club plates.
    ...Sandman & Mockup Sandmans only. To be approved by the Scrutineer (Bill) ...any help with deciding approval can be put forward to the club.
    ...Potential Verification & Certificate For genuine Sandmans

Another big item that is getting overwhelming support is working with charities. Examples are Beyond Blue, Canteen, Mens & womens health services.
    Another idea that was floated was to buy a cheap van, that can be resprayed on a yearly basis supporting each charity. Blue for Beyond Blue....pink for womens Breast CAncer Awareness are a few examples. The van doesnt have to be anything special but purely used as a promotional vehicle. With all our combined knowledge we could easily get a cheap van on the road to raise money for charities.

Now, what i will need from you guys so i can go to Vicroads and register us as a club, will be each members details. That is... Full name, Address & Drivers licence number. Cant go ahead without this. Any and all details will be stored safely and securely with Vicroads and the Club President. So if need be, call me or PM me your details so i can book in a time with Vicroads to make an appointment to get the club registered.

Few other items.....

The Treasurer will need to open a bank account in the name of the club.

Club plates. At the moment, we would only be interested in issuing clyub plates for sandman vehicles only. Of the guys that showed today, it was unanimous that the club be somewhat of an elitist group where we only focus on Sandmans. And really, why not? If you have other car interests, there are a multitude of clubs you could associate with. But as we speak, there is nothing Sandman dedicated.

Can we get a show of hands of people still willing to put some time aside to get this moving. Obviously shit happens sometimes......but in the initial days of this, we need to get people on board to make it a reality.

I for one, nominate..
    -myself as Club President.
    -Bill as Scrutineer
    -Dave as secretary
    -Jeza as tresurer
    -Jb as comittee member/merchandise??
    -Hainzy as committee member/public liason
    -Blocker as committee member/web host -moderator

Are we all happy for this? Please give yay or nay in your replies.

The bare minimum we need is five people.....no less.... so if everyone agrees, shout out with the position youre allocated or happy with.

By all means we have to work as a team here, so dont be bashful in putting your two cents in.

The next meeting is at Bills place on 6th December in Sunbury.....we need a strong showing at the start to get this club alive.

Anyways...looking forward to your responses...for now enjoy the pics. Shame you cant smell the BBQ and tatse the beers

I'm in, agree with everything above. 6th Dec should be a good fit - it's a week after our home auction so hopefully have a bit off my plate by then.

My apologies again for not making it up yesterday...

Well done guys, and thanks for your persistence Ivan ��

Thread Information