Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Part Number

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith380 View Post
    Would have been a pain back then. Too difficult to climb in and out of the back!!!
    Depends on what was waiting in the back

Learner Driver
    Hi, Sandaro. A while before I ordered the van I worked for the local GM-H dealer, (Motors Pty Ltd), so I guess that helped with the purchase price of the van. I paid $7,490 with the options, which was about a grand cheaper than a Sandman. A list of the Options: AO1 - Tinted Glass, B30 – Carpet, CD4 – Intermittent Wipers, F72 – Heavy Duty Suspension, GU4 – 3.08-1 Diff Ratio, G80 – Limited Slip Diff, K96 – Heavy Duty 55 Amp Alternator, L31 – 308 Engine (Inc M21), M11 – Console, QEU – ER70H14 6 Ply Tyres, UA1 – Heavy Duty Battery, U17 – GTS Instruments, VF8 – Rubber Bump Strip, VO1 – Heavy Duty Radiator, XS6 – Bucket Seats, AK9 – Kingswood, TT5 – QI Head Lamps, JM8 – Rear Discs, N42 – Fast Steering Ratio. Now, I knew that the rear disc's wouldn't be fitted, but I ticked the box anyway. As far as the quick steering ratio goes, I didn't get that either, because from the time I placed the order (April '78) untill the time I recieved the car (August '78) that option had been deleted. The van is Tuxedo (black) with Slate (black-ish) interior, including a black full hoodlining. In the four months I waited I aquired a full set of rear disc's, including proportioning valve, a radio-cassette player, a sports steering wheel and a set of 8in Hotwires. When it was ten months old some scum-bag scratched every panel, even including the scuttle panel. The van is now being prepared for a full resto. Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    Hi, Sandaro. A while before I ordered the van I worked for the local GM-H dealer, (Motors Pty Ltd), so I guess that helped with the purchase price of the van. I paid $7,490 with the options, which was about a grand cheaper than a Sandman. A list of the Options: AO1 - Tinted Glass, B30 – Carpet, CD4 – Intermittent Wipers, F72 – Heavy Duty Suspension, GU4 – 3.08-1 Diff Ratio, G80 – Limited Slip Diff, K96 – Heavy Duty 55 Amp Alternator, L31 – 308 Engine (Inc M21), M11 – Console, QEU – ER70H14 6 Ply Tyres, UA1 – Heavy Duty Battery, U17 – GTS Instruments, VF8 – Rubber Bump Strip, VO1 – Heavy Duty Radiator, XS6 – Bucket Seats, AK9 – Kingswood, TT5 – QI Head Lamps, JM8 – Rear Discs, N42 – Fast Steering Ratio. Now, I knew that the rear disc's wouldn't be fitted, but I ticked the box anyway. As far as the quick steering ratio goes, I didn't get that either, because from the time I placed the order (April '78) untill the time I recieved the car (August '78) that option had been deleted. The van is Tuxedo (black) with Slate (black-ish) interior, including a black full hoodlining. In the four months I waited I aquired a full set of rear disc's, including proportioning valve, a radio-cassette player, a sports steering wheel and a set of 8in Hotwires. When it was ten months old some scum-bag scratched every panel, even including the scuttle panel. The van is now being prepared for a full resto. Rob.
    RWK.... you didn't happen to have a personalized plate fitted to that did you? RK0000

Learner Driver
    Hi, Spike. Yes I did. You must have a good remem-bry. Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    Hi, Spike. Yes I did. You must have a good remem-bry. Rob.
    Rob it is a small small world, I grew up and lived at 40 Darling Pde Mt Stuart for 28 yrs, you lived just up the road from me for a while. Was only thinking about that nice Black van the other day. Great that you still have it !!

Be great to see some pics of this beast love Tuxedo Black

Well optioned Rob, all the best stuff. I will be lovely when redone

Welcome aboard Rob....not often we hear and see guys still have their vans from new. Great you still have all the ordering info. Feel free to post up any pics you have

Cruiser
    The "A9K - Kingswood" seems to be a strange option number for a van.

A9K was the option code which turned an HZ 8WN Kingwood SL sedan or wagon into a Belmont style package, because there was no HZ Belmont. I don't think that it applied to any other models, other than the sedan & wagon.

Given that the van was already an 8WM or 8WN model, surely A9K wouldn't apply.

Dr Terry
    Last edited by Dr Terry; 25-10-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Learner Driver
    Hi, Dr. Terry. I'm happy to stand corrected but I belive that A9K option turned a 'Holden' (8WM) previousley known as a Belmont, into a Kingswood in the commercial range, (70 and 80 exept 60 - one tonner). So, 8WM plus A9K = 8WN. I belive all 60,70 and 80 vehicles started life on their Production Broadcast Sheet as a 'Holden' (8WM). I think that's right, but like I said, I'm happy to be corrected. Rob.

Thread Information