Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BigRobs HZ Sandman....

i remember getting a roadworthy at govt dept and the car had cut springs (purchased this way believe it or not). bloke jacked car and wobbled wheels to check bearings, steering etc. his hand never went anywhere near the springs. passed first pop.

it's not legit and i don't think anyone would argue that. it gets a great result, you can't argue that
    BQZ

Thanks for your suggestion Goat and WB. This argument has gone a bit too far on this thread. I'm happy to debate suspension in the relevant section.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion Goat and WB. This argument has gone a bit too far on this thread. I'm happy to debate suspension in the relevant section.
    And is now done.

Rob, your van is gorgeous mate so lets keep the discussion on topic, as I am not too sure some people understand too much about legal liability of forum owners for information 'published' on their websites - regardless of if they agree with it or not.

Suspension mods such as cut springs can be discussed here
    Last edited by Taily; 02-12-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Add link
    Nunc est bibendum...

Just to add to this as I have just been reading threads as been too busy to go on the site, we do have lower springs Rob, they came out of the yellow van, although they looked good, our roads are so rough that she kept scraping, you can have them if you need them for your van.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thanks Jennie, That's very kind. I'm happy to pay you for them when next we meet.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

DSC03607 (3).jpgDSC03605 (2).jpgDSC03603 (2).jpgSome pics at Tuross Head beach....

Congrats Rob on this amazing purchase, you are one lucky man!

Loving the ride hieght now Rob

but its better when l seen it with my own eyes good looking van Rob enjoy it mate

DSC03632.JPGDSC03629.JPGThank you all.
    I've finally finished my 8" wheels for the rear and fitted them with some new BFG T/A's.

Thread Information