Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BigRobs HZ Sandman....

BigRobs HZ Sandman....

I am pleased to announce that after lengthy negotiations I am the proud new owner of a HZ Madeira Red Sandman, thanks to Jennie and Rod's decision to cull their collection.

After a long drive to pick it up and then the drive home in it I can only sing the praises of their attention to detail and standard of workmanship. It seriously felt like I'd just picked it up from a Holden dealer in 1978!

I'm honoured to be the next custodian of this work of art and hope I can maintain the high standards that have been set.

And to have finally met Jennie and Rod after months of texts, PM's and phone calls was just as I expected..... Two of the nicest people I know. Thanks for your patience in our negotiations.Picking up the van 7 11 2015 at Yass.jpg
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Well done Rob and congrats on a fine purchase. I've driven that van a few times to shows for Rod and Jen and it does drive great. Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.....
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Well done Rob and congrats on a fine purchase. I've driven that van a few times to shows for Rod and Jen and it does drive great. Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.....
    Thanks. It's more than I'd hoped for. I hadn't even seen it in the flesh until we went to pick it up but I'd heard so many good things about it that I knew it was the right one. I'd seen all the pics on here and when I saw it I was it was even better.
    The last few years of my life have been pretty tough for me and this is a pretty good reward.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Well done Rob im sure you will have years of enjoyment after all isnt that what life's about

Way to go Big Rob!! Wrapped for ya... Happy cruising.

So good to see your excitement of your new van. Having seen this in the metal I know you've chosen well, I hope it sees many kms on the road.

Cruiser
    Now that's a good new home. I suspect that van will actually get driven and loved. Well done Rob.

Fricken awesome. Nothing like treating yourself, and you don't need to scrounge around for parts, just get in and drive.

Are you keeping the other Van too? Drop us a line when you're heading to Canberra. Would love to check this one out. Coffee/beer provided of course.

[QUOTE=Big Rob;99896]
    It seriously felt like I'd just picked it up from a Holden dealer in 1978!

That says it all, well done to all parties involved and enjoy it like its 1978.

Great looking van, hope you have many years of enjoyment with it

cheers
    Max

Thread Information