Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Coast Nationals 2015

I guess find one thats been in an accident or and unfinished project base model.....then go to town with a grinder and welder

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    I guess find one thats been in an accident or and unfinished project base model.....then go to town with a grinder and welder
    I assume that's what he did..... or it was done a while ago during the "dark times" when vans were worth nothing (to most people). I just couldn't do it now.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I assume that's what he did..... or it was done a while ago during the "dark times" when vans were worth nothing (to most people). I just couldn't do it now.
    Haha the dark times in a galaxy far far away

We're back in the light now and I plan on staying here!

We met a few young couples at the show with vans too, so the future seems to be in good hands.

We also met Brett Hansford, owner of "Street Legal" when he came over to talk to me about my van. He's from Pambula, about 2 hours south of us, so we may be heading down his way for a visit in the near future. Of course I forgot to get his phone number so if anyone can help me with some contact details I would appreciate it.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I've seen that trailer before, on here I think, I'll search for it. Its the best sandman one I've seen done. I have thought about doing similar but have been concerned about tow ball weight using the van as opposed to a ute. Using the van the front is the firewall, but a ute could start at the front of the tray, ute would be better balanced. Did anyone talk to the owner? That said the van would have a great amount of storage.

Here it is. I see now that he cut behind the doors (and shortened roof therefore) for better weight distribution

http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...w-neat-is-this!!!

I've met the guy who built it before. Trailer is nicely weighted and not too much heavier than a nice enclosed trailer.
    It was up for sale at one stage, not sure if it's changed hands or not. Either way, it's one of my favourite rigs of all time.

Same bloke still has it. (or the owner of the van has it with the van.... possibly both sold together). I'd buy it in a hot second if it was for sale, then about six litres of madeira red!
    Pity I didn't get to talk to him at the show, I went to look at the van and couldn't find him. It's there every year, but it's a pity I have to wait 12 months.

Such a cool trailer.

Looks like theres a fake drop tank underneath as well

Personally i like the trailer but i would of welded up the fuel cap on it

Thread Information