Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are all decal die cut?

Are all decal die cut?

Hi there,
    Just wondering if the decals are cut and ready to go?
    Thanks
    Russ

Mine weren't, I took it to a sign writer, he cut them out and put them on. After watching him do it I'd pay someone again.

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    Mine weren't, I took it to a sign writer, he cut them out and put them on. After watching him do it I'd pay someone again.
    Really!
    Thought they would be..... What a pain!

yep same here bought them thinking they were computer cut in advance before painting only to be told it would take the signwriter more time than he wanted to spend cutting everthing out by hand so just got new ones supplied and fitted at a simular price so new kit back in cylinder for rainy day

Cutting them out is no big deal. A steady hand and a sharp pair of scissors is all you need.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    yep same here bought them thinking they were computer cut in advance before painting only to be told it would take the signwriter more time than he wanted to spend cutting everthing out by hand so just got new ones supplied and fitted at a simular price so new kit back in cylinder for rainy day
    Hey Paul,
    Who did u use?
    Russ

Gday.

Ok so at the moment they are not. In the not to far future they will be. We are going through the process at the moment.

Reason for them not being cut. Is that with hand screen printing there is so many margins for error. Adding a cut process in there to line that up also. Or to cut them after only to have the set go out of align. Previously if it was done this way there was too many wasted kits. Ones that were printed perfect but then had a misalignment with the cut! If this happened to too many kits the costs of printing these would have jumped up. As the god sets that were damaged by a misalignment cut would have had to bee covered. This would also jack up the price.

Our kits are HAND SCREEN PRINTED. Not computer printed. There is a thread on here were I did explain the differences.

For an experienced signwriter they are not hard to cut out. The originals had a 4-6mm clear boarder around the colour. they were not cut to the colour. this is one of the biggest advantages to screen printing. other than a better quality print. It means there is no sharp edges for it to start lifting from down the track. Compared to computer printed crap onto white vinyl.

Hope that helps.

If its easier give me a call. 0427110502. You wont regret buying that set that's for sale that is x supplied by us.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Ahh, so there is clear around the edges?
    That will make it easier!
    No hard edges for me to cock up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gm nut View Post
    Ahh, so there is clear around the edges?
    That will make it easier!
    No hard edges for me to cock up.....
    Yeah, It's not hard at all..... just cut about 5-6mm of clear outside the colour with a good sharp scissors.

NO BEER! NO COFFEE! (until afterwards!)
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Cruiser
    [QUOTE=stickthis;100319]Gday.

Ok so at the moment they are not. In the not to far future they will be. We are going through the process at the moment.

Reason for them not being cut. Is that with hand screen printing there is so many margins for error. Adding a cut process in there to line that up also. Or to cut them after only to have the set go out of align. Previously if it was done this way there was too many wasted kits. Ones that were printed perfect but then had a misalignment with the cut! If this happened to too many kits the costs of printing these would have jumped up. As the god sets that were damaged by a misalignment cut would have had to bee covered. This would also jack up the price.

Our kits are HAND SCREEN PRINTED. Not computer printed. There is a thread on here were I did explain the differences.

For an experienced signwriter they are not hard to cut out. The originals had a 4-6mm clear boarder around the colour. they were not cut to the colour. this is one of the biggest advantages to screen printing. other than a better quality print. It means there is no sharp edges for it to start lifting from down the track. Compared to computer printed crap onto white vinyl.

Hope that helps.

what about the Hq-Hj stripe kit are they ready to fit or do they also need cutting?

Thread Information