Thread: Club Merch ideas

Cool Club Merch ideas

Gentlemen....... just putting the feelers out to give Justin a hand and to get you guys to put some of your ideas forward.

The more i look into it, the more i realise how many options are available to us. The options are almost endless.

I'll start with what i think would be cool...everyone join in with ideas

Lets start with clothing.
    Tshirts, male & female
    Hoodies
    Screen printed or embroided.....choice is yours.

Bottle openers
    How appropriate is this? White board with the club logo would be really cool!!
    Heres the link if youre interested.
    http://www.promosforall.com/paylessp...&sid=&id=K-227

USB
    I think these are a cheap easy option.....everyone uses them Heaps of styles and capacities available

Stickers
    Could be just the club logo or whatever else we feel is appropriate

Balloons
    These would be great if we are going with the family membership. Or handing them out to kids on cruise and charity days. And really, who the hell doesnt like balloons

Mugs & Glasses
    Coffe mugs
    Beer steins
    Shot glasses......or all the above.....opinions??

Business cards
    This may be a bit wanky, but easy to hand out to people that would take them to the website and the forum

Patches
    Bill and I come up with the idea of yearly patches. New one each year of membership. Colour change and year of membership. Could be part of membership or renewal.
    Yes/no/maybe?

Gazebo
    Not really a merch item, but lets face it, on a cruise day or car show, everyone gets burnt to a crisp. You can walk around for so long until youre buggered and want a spot in the shade to chill out. Foldable, custom printing and we have a comfortable place to relax. Can get the club logo and the forum logo printed on the outside. On quick look, theyre about $1500......just putting it out there.

Now, there are heaps of other things we could get done......so if you have any specific wants or ideas.....shout it out!!

car club.pngMy only input would be a small sticker for club members

I know Ive said this before but Ill chuck my 2 cents in again.

Nice work Ivan on all the above!

I reckon though, the logo is great for all official things, but I think that for a T shirt, its a bit boring. All car clubs seem to wear polo tops with logs n stuff and to me they end up looking like sporting clubs or work uniforms or something..

Id like to the Sandman club to be fun and properly represent the spirit of the van a bit more, rather than come across all official.. Just so the club looks a bit different to all the others.

Id love to go for more of a seventies feel. Something like this would be cooler than a logo type design.

I have a couple of Fitzroy Muscle Car Club T shirts that were done by a friend of mine. (Well his mate actually) So Im sure I could get him to put together a design for us if it was something others were interested in....?

Heres some pics of them.

As I said, not having a go at the logo as its great for the official club stuff, but I just reckon a T Shirt and/or Hoodie could be a bit more fun.

Good start Ivan

Some different stickers would be cool. How would we go reproducing some old classics like 'if it's rockin' don't come knockin' 'don't laugh your daughter could be inside' and the two pair of feet

Some different tee styles would be good - my personal opinion is logos that are a little bit smaller , but that's just me.

Coffee mugs and stubbies holders are a winner, so are key rings

The big marque would be great - in Windsor blue of course ��

Hi guys,

Ivan if you can email me the jpeg that would be great. justin.burrage@gmail.com or justin@kingstonheath.com.au will work.
    I have a supplier that is willing to help with doing any items at his cost price. He is a seriously good guy, and owned a HQ Sandman van when he was younger. Should have seen his eyes light up when I told him what type of car club we were starting.
    I will get him working on a few ideas.

I really like the idea Hainzy of the retro t-shirt / hoodies.
    I agree that the logo is perfect for advertising the club on smaller items such as keyrings, usb's, stickers, hats, beanies, mugs, beer glasses, for official communication and even things like a marquee down the track.
    It also has it's place on some t-shirts and hoodies also. Like the ones above.

The sandman culture is retro, and deserves a fun retro feel for certain things too.
    The 70's t-shirt design idea is perfect. I definitely support investigating that further as an extra option, to change things up and appeal to more people.

Once I get the logo, I will organise for it to be digitised for embroidery purposes.
    Embroidered logos need to be relatively small, otherwise they not only become really stiff and heavy on a garment, but cost a fortune to stitch. Screen print / sublimation would be the way to go for the bigger stuff.

I also like the option of different stickers.

Thanks for the input lads.

JB
    Last edited by jbsandman76; 14-12-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Justin....

Thats awesome news for the merch guy. Wrapped to have him onboard seeing how keen he is and understands what its for.

have to agree with the retro shirts. having a fun vibe is really important and goes well with the culture of the van. It will be interesting to see where this goes. i like the idea of having both styles of shirts.....retro & official stylings. Win win for everyone i think

You should have the logo via email mate. If you havent got it let me know and ill make sure you get it.

Cheers

Ivan

Whats up guys!!!!

Went to a local car show the other week and come across a stall of a guy that makes custom eskys. Each one is totally made to order...personalized and unique. Thought itd be a great idea for a merch item. Theyre $85 each but cheaper in bulk. hes done a stack of designs that have rego plates on them, car specs...just to name a few ideas. Holds 18 cans to give you an idea of its size. For now, they only come in off white with maybe more colours available in the future.

Check out the website... https://customretrocoolers.com.au/

Thoughts??

Thread Information