Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman ute resto

Thanks Spike. Pretty happy with the way its turned out. Unfortunately for me it's probably one of the nicest driving cars that I have done. More I drive it the harder it will be to sell me thinks.

Sandman Driver
    Really nice looking restore, interior looks very tidy. Neat work!

Really cool.....congrats on a great job. Ballpark figure youre looking at?

Cheers Dave. Really happy with the quality of work on the door trims & seats. Have bought trims from a couple of suppliers previously, but these are by far the best yet.My usual trim guy did the seats and great work as always. Am I allowed to name them without it being advertising?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks mate. Hopefully can get some sleep now. Probably put it up for low 30's negotiable I reckon. That'll cover costs and my labour. Anything above that and they seem to hang around for a while

Cruiser
    Mods might not agree but i reckon it's not advertising if you're not getting paid.

It's handy to know of places that do good work, we will all need them at some stage and it's good to have recommendations.

I just got some seat covers made in Adelaide for the GTS at Winner Products because they had NOS tartan cloth for them, hope it's the same as your good trimmer ?

Cheers

yeah got the door trims from Winners. I believe they just recently acquired the press for the door trims, so they do the whole lot in house & their pricing seems more competitive than previously. The trims I have sourced in the past have been very good, but these were flawless. Kevin Horgan motor trimming did the seats for me. Been using him for a few years & always quality work. He's in Warradale, Adelaide.

Good to see another ute,looks great
    Help me

Love it! let us all know when it's time to sell.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Will be going online tomorrow hopefully on car sales. Reckon I'll put it up for 33k ONO. Full description of work done & full set of photos will be posted. Did a photo shoot on Sunday evening with a mate who's a photographer. Managed to get a few great shotsDSC_0169 copy.JPGDSC_1223 copy.JPGDSC_1238 copy.JPGDSC_1288 copy.JPG

While I think of it. Would also be keen to get feedback from anyone. Positive or negative, as long as it's constructive. Restored many other holdens, but this is my first Sandman. My aim was to bring it as close to original as possible. Obviously 4 barrel & extractors aren't. A couple of small details in the interior stray from original for the eagle eyes amongst you, but they were a preferred taste option & easily reversed

Thread Information