Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman ute resto

looks schmick and still cheaper than restoring one. just need to find the buyer with 30 odd k as opposed to 5-10k for one that needs resto. square edges wheel trims and correct mirrors, rather than aftermarket, would be my suggestions at a glance
    BQZ

Nice spotting. I do have a couple of mirrors, but chrome too pitted for my liking. They're basically the final two items, but I stuck my hand in the cookie jar & only crumbs left now. Stupid Xmas!

Banned
    I can't see the mirrors clearly but black is the correct colour for them. Only thing I would prefer is to have the tonneau clips on it if it had them originally, which I believe Sandman did. I could be wrong there though.
    Looks good and nice to see some ute appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I can't see the mirrors clearly but black is the correct colour for them. Only thing I would prefer is to have the tonneau clips on it if it had them originally, which I believe Sandman did. I could be wrong there though.
    Looks good and nice to see some ute appearing.
    check my avatar pic wb

- - - Updated - - -

i like the fish eye avatar ekse33
    BQZ

I haven't wanted to put the tonneau clips on because I don't really like the look of them. Just my taste though. Definitely didn't want to put a flat tonneau on. My preference if I was to keep it would be a hard lid. After all the work I think drilling into the body would have made me a bit teary. So, long story short I decided to leave it up to the new owner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    check my avatar pic wb

- - - Updated - - -

i like the fish eye avatar ekse33
    Yeah but that's from a brochure which are notoriously incorrect. I have definitely noticed no clips on that before. I am sure this was discussed on here before but I thought the outcome was Sandman Utes came with the tonneau in HZ and I assume the earlier ones as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eske33 View Post
    I haven't wanted to put the tonneau clips on because I don't really like the look of them. Just my taste though. Definitely didn't want to put a flat tonneau on. My preference if I was to keep it would be a hard lid. After all the work I think drilling into the body would have made me a bit teary. So, long story short I decided to leave it up to the new owner

Fair enough. I would cringe if it didn't already have the clips on it. Were they welded up or never there??

Yeah, they were welded up previous to me owning it. Had done a nice job of it, so left it alone.

Banned
    Ah. Leave it then.

A really great looking ute, love the stance. Should have no issues finding a buyer, thats for sure.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Finally finished the ad and submitted (Car Sales). Should be active in the morning. No changing my mind now

Thread Information