Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HX Sandman ute resto

My mate took quite a few with the fish eye. Some of them looked awesome at dusk. Perhaps there needs to be a best "fish eye" shot section. Love that avatar pic of yours. Had that as my screen saver for ages. Trying to convince the wife to do a really cheesy recreation

image.jpgIs it mandarin red? As it looks exactly like ours only we have slate interior. We put a tonneu cover with clips which Is Correct for original but they do scuff the stripes.
    Last edited by jennie285; 19-12-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Yep Mandarin red it is. The photos were taken with the last hour of sunlight. The colour changes in the paint were amazing. Didn't even have to photoshop. I'll leave the hooks up to the next owner. I actually prefer it without them and as you say, I couldn't bear to scratch the stripes. If someone wants to go 100% original with it next, then there's not much to change. I find most people want to add their mark, even to a completed car.
    Sorry Jennie, also meant to say nice job. I was tossing up which decals to go for as both look good. The only reason I went the DY3 is the fact I have the 1/18 version
    Last edited by eske33; 20-12-2015 at 08:13 PM.

P Plater
    Beautiful job , well done !!

Cheers mate. I'll try & put some more pics up when i get a chance. I've got close on 400 to sort through which may take a while. Ad is up on car sales, so a few more pics there if anyone interested

Cruiser
    Sorry for being lazy but do you have a link for the careless ad?

Hope you get what you want for it, very reasonable price for a finished product these days.

Cheers

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-3748169/?Cr=3

Here's the link as requested. Also hope I find the right person as well. Made the mistake of selling to a d...head once. Never again

Very nice ute, This is the same paint/trim combo that you can get the biante 1/18 HX Sandman Ute model in. Theonly other things I noticed as non-original spec (but they really don't matter) is the front bumper should be the non-rubber strip type and the radio but at least it's a dial type set-up. If you want a pair of correct GTS mirros for it I have some available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    check my avatar pic wb

- - - Updated - - -

i like the fish eye avatar ekse33
    I used to own that ute in your avatar. It had a torneau and clips

Yeah I bought the model. First time i have had both size cars at the same time. I have both style bumpers, but I put the rubber insert one on as I prefer the look & was in slightly better condition. Was going to install a Retro radio if I was keeping the car. A couple of those details, but probably leave for the next owner.

- - - Updated - - -

When did you own it hx-andman?

Thread Information