Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My GTR Torana

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Donna and I have owned about 35 Toranas and many were GTR's and XU-1's. They still give me a buzz every time I see one or get a chance to drive one...... they are rough riding and the steering wheel is offset and the seats give you a bad back on a trip..... but they are just so cool you can forgive them for all that.

Love 'em! and Valencia's is very cool.
    Thanks Rob
    they are a rough riding rough idling back braking to drive but thats what i like about them
    imagine doing 160 laps at Bathurst in one

Yeah... I did a few long trips in them when I was young but I'd hate to sit for too long in one now!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

that looks awesome gene, are you bringing it to Canberra later this year for the torana nationals ?
    you could lock it up at my place if you wanted, the place where they've chosen to hold it is only a few hundred meters from here, pretty much at the end of my street :-)

I would love to Shane but it would be a big trip for me to bring the Torana see what happens as it gets closer i spose
    i would have to tow it over i would think one thing is for sure i will be there with or without Torana

Torana Nationals!!!???

Canberra!!!?????

When?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Torana Nationals!!!???

Canberra!!!?????

When?
    September i think

- - - Updated - - -

Havnt you ever been to Toranafest in Newcastle rob

No, I always wanted to but have been too busy or incapacitated. maybe this year along with Van nats and Majestic Van In I hope.

Mate you dont know what your missing out on i have been over the last 4 years but now it biannual so 2016 Canberra
    2017 Maitland show grounds

- - - Updated - - -

Its a bloody great weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Your a member of GMH Torana forum arnt you

I agree gene, I had never been before either, had been meaning to but never got around to it, but last year I went for the first time with my mate rob and the Canberra torana club with a slr/A9X replica that id been helping him build for the last few years.
    it was one of the best weekends I've had, absolutely awesome bunch of people and I cant wait to do it again.
    it was looking like being on the same weekend as the Monaro nationals in Penrith which would have sucked but as far as I know it changed now,
    so I can go to the torana nats as a buddy and then enter the Monaro nats......happy happy happy

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Mate you dont know what your missing out on i have been over the last 4 years but now it biannual so 2016 Canberra
    2017 Maitland show grounds

- - - Updated - - -

Its a bloody great weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Your a member of GMH Torana forum arnt you
    Yeah, but I haven't been on there in a long time.... I should check in again.
    Very interested in the Canberra event. Is it at the same place as Summernats?

Thread Information