Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any old bmx riders out there ??

100_1582.jpgrode this back 1974 just as dragstars and choppers ended their reign, Yamaha MOTO-BIKE very cool back in 1974
    Last edited by renno; 21-01-2016 at 06:39 PM. Reason: photo didnt upload

Hey there renno, that wont open for me

DSC02932.JPGDSC02957.JPGDragstars!!!

I did a sympathetic resto on this one for Donna last Xmas. She had one when she was a kid and then her Dad sold it because she didn't ride it much so I found one in the same colour and built it up with new bits. I actually build brand new ones now for custom orders. The one on the left is a custom "Adult Dragstar" that I build for those of us that are a bit big to be riding comfortably on 20" wheels.
    Last edited by Big Rob; 20-01-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Very cool Rob i had one like the one on the right
    wait for it i threw it away many years ago

Many people did..... or turned them into BMX bikes which lasted about 3 jumps and then broke! It surprises me how many are still around considering the abuse they suffered.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

They were a very popular bike when I was a kid. All the local kid's had them.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

I had a red three speed Dragster with metallic fleck GT striped seat, Sissy bar and white wall tyres too. Loved that bike. Later I had a K-Mart/Mongoose Knock off BMX, in a metallic fleck, blue. Almost the same colour as my Sandman, now that I think about it! They were still at my Mums up until a couple of years ago, she sent them to the scrap yard.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

I started off with a metallic green Malvern Star dragster in 72 which got bmx'd in 77.... Used the timber stairs to butterfly the handlebars. 79 I bought a Madison, 80 I bought a Mongoose in Chrome Moly with red Skyway Tuff 2's... 81 I bought a Redline in Chrome Moly with red anodised alloy rims and accessories. Still got the Mongoose in bits and the Redline which is still in original condition. Currently re-greasing all bearings and fitting Nos Snakeskin tyres to the Redline so My daughter can ride it around the park.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    ... fitting Nos Snakeskin tyres to the Redline so My daughter can ride it around the park.
    I knew them as Snakebelly Tyres.

Yep, Snakebellys. Everyone had them until IRC made the famous "Comp 3" which was the tyre of choice for a decade after. Still copied and sold today, I fitted a pair on a customers bike yesterday.

Thread Information