Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any old bmx riders out there ??

Leadfoot
    Wow!!!
    I finally get back online after more than 12 months, and this is the first thread I find !
    In '83 my first bike was a Kuwahara with black skyway tuffs It was my pride and joy I polished the chrome frame every week, I raced it for 12 months in the under '8s at Ryde Eastwood Bmx club, then my parents sold it to my cousin and got me a white Ripper (the smaller version of the PK Ripper) for Christmas. it had all the good gear 3piece diamond back crank, bear trap pedals, polished shimano 600 brake caliper (that was really cool), Fibreglass seat pole, 20 x 1 3/8 Araya rims with the comp 3 tyres.
    It was trick, I raced it till I was in High school. I still have it in the shed, I'm going to restore it and I'll give it to my son for his 8th birthday next year.

The best memory of it all was my blue pacman Vans that were one of the only shoes to race in (those or the checkered vans). Man I was proud of those shoes.

It's awesome to be back online after all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by ABSINTH74HQ View Post
    Wow!!!
    I finally get back online after more than 12 months, and this is the first thread I find !
    In '83 my first bike was a Kuwahara with black skyway tuffs It was my pride and joy I polished the chrome frame every week, I raced it for 12 months in the under '8s at Ryde Eastwood Bmx club, then my parents sold it to my cousin and got me a white Ripper (the smaller version of the PK Ripper) for Christmas. it had all the good gear 3piece diamond back crank, bear trap pedals, polished shimano 600 brake caliper (that was really cool), Fibreglass seat pole, 20 x 1 3/8 Araya rims with the comp 3 tyres.
    It was trick, I raced it till I was in High school. I still have it in the shed, I'm going to restore it and I'll give it to my son for his 8th birthday next year.

The best memory of it all was my blue pacman Vans that were one of the only shoes to race in (those or the checkered vans). Man I was proud of those shoes.

It's awesome to be back online after all this time!
    I was racing BMX back in '83 as well, but I was an old man of 23!
    I restore bicycles and have a good BMX collection, so if there's anything you need for your resto let me know....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I was racing BMX back in '83 as well, but I was an old man of 23!
    I restore bicycles and have a good BMX collection, so if there's anything you need for your resto let me know....
    Hi Rob thanks for the offer, you don't have any 20 x 1 3/8 skin wall comp 3's by any chance?
    they are the one thing I'm having trouble finding so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ABSINTH74HQ View Post
    Hi Rob thanks for the offer, you don't have any 20 x 1 3/8 skin wall comp 3's by any chance?
    they are the one thing I'm having trouble finding so far.
    Not at the moment, but things turn up.

You might want to jump on the OZBMX forum too.... lots of good stuff there.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information