Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any old bmx riders out there ??

P Plater

Any old bmx riders out there ??

image.jpegimage.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

My old redline mx2 , always wanted one in the 80's , I was riding an old cyclops bmx back then . She's a bit of a struggle to ride being a small frame but still a bit of fun

Banned
    Yeah, did about a million miles around the farm on a Cyclops Amaroo. Always wanted a Diamond Back or even a set of Skyway wheels for the Cyclops lol. Still got it in the shed.

Yep, Had the standard Mongoose first up which ended up only the original frame after a couple of years, then replaced frame and forks with Redline MX-II. Had a set of those wide V-bars, went for the wide GT bars when they came out.
    Can't even remember who i sold it to now.
    A mate of mine has a big framed "Moosegoose" sitting next to his shed, I've been meaning to hit him up for it.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

was always team Mongoose......being too inebriated and automobiles didnt mix well.......shame about that bike....few scars as a memory

has anyone got a spare set on bmx tuffs laying around...preferably in black or grey. have a rediculous trike project im having fun with i want to complete

Started with a Cobra which was basically a steel framed Mongoose (not chrome moly) then I imported a Kuwahara frame directly from Japan (likely one of the first into Australia). Added Tange TRX forks, swapped between Shimano and Sun Tour head/crank sets with Shimano DX platform pedals. V-Bar handlebars along with a pro-neck (Hmm, maybe tuf-neck?) fitted "Z" Rims, Haro freestyle brakes with two ringer lever and Oakley 3 grips. Was a beast and the only one like it with my group. They rode Mongoose, Torkers and PK Rippers and the local bike build by Rapid Exhausts in Wollongong.

Super L A after resto 2 (Small).jpgBMX PICS 034.jpgbmxrrrr (3).jpgSouthlake BMX Open 2011. 011 (2).jpgbmx11.jpgI rode BMX for a bit of fun back in the early 1980's, racing in Sydney at Metro West among other places.

About 5 years ago my work mate (an ex BMX pro) wanted to have a bit of a comeback and talked me into it too so we got serious and started racing. I was 5th in the NSW state championships in 2012.

I have a vast BMX bike collection including many rare bikes and parts, but my favourites are Redlines.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Speaking of BMX one of my mates old man bought the BMX to the Olympic Games
    He was the world President of The BMX true story
    they started the first tracks over here in W.A. he was still on the board until a couple of years ago

My first BMX was a yella devil, a heavy department store bike, and then as a teenager I had a Team Hotfoot, still have it, recently put it back into service with new retro tyres, grips and a polishWP_000164.jpg Pads that were chequered flag pattern not on bike in picture, they need further work to get years of mud staining out of the white bits

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Speaking of BMX one of my mates old man bought the BMX to the Olympic Games
    He was the world President of The BMX true story
    they started the first tracks over here in W.A. he was still on the board until a couple of years ago
    do you know richie kirkham? he's a mate of mine that rode in the worlds. i think he was 16th in the world or something at one point. dated danny greens Mrs Nina for a while too and a bloke named jade ??something

i got hit by a car when i was in year 6.... riding my Redline back from school. explains a few things huh

lauched seriously high in the air and then bomb dropped onto the front screen, bonnet, then kissed the bitumen with my teeth.
    Last edited by Vombil; 19-01-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    BQZ

No dont know him Chris but Abe and Zion brothers built the first tracks here back in the 80s
    Abe was a Claremont Speedway motorbike champion back in the 70s

Thread Information