Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some help please with my new EJ wagon.

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying this car. Yeah I plan on leaving the stickers on it there in too good a nick and I think you may be right about the Speco gearshift, I've never seen anything like it. But it works well. Drove down the paddock tonight and even got third gear. Got a little hot, but we haven't really done anything to it other than a battery and a new thermostat and top hose. Might change the oil etc tomorrow.
    I agree with the surfboard too, just got to get one now!!
    i think Ziggy and George are going to make a good pair.
    Thinking of maybe a metallic kermit green for a colour later too. But that's a long way off yet
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Have you got a picture of the floor shift, Speco ones are easy to pick but there were a couple of companies that made them.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Impala comes to mind.

Hardiman's imported Impala, probably still do!.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I'll take a photo tomorrow of the shift, Dick61 and see what you think. Just a bit busy working over the weekend.
    Innuendo your the second person to mention an Impala shift, so it just maybe. It's all a bit before my time, so all very new and Big Rob thanks for the heads up.

Changed the oil after work the other day and it was as black as tar and took forever to drain. So got the new oil in, started him up, backed off the ramps. Stopped and checked the levels all good, sump plug not leaking with the new gasket, all seemed good. Then I checked the water in the radiator again and it seems after our paddock run that we have sprung a leak, or three. Oh well never mind just another job.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Impala shifters are easy to pick, they are a straight line shifter, you push down and forward for reverse, push down and back for first, push forward for second and as it goes through the gate for neutral the lever will lift up into the 2nd 3rd gate and fully forward is 2nd gear and 3rd straight back. The lever is chromed one piece 1/8th inch flat steel that tapers from the connection on the side of the box up to the handle with a bend near the top. the knob is a two piece one that looks like a skate board wheel but is hard plastic. Impala shift.pngImpinside.jpg
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Dick61, thanks for the pics, that's it and when I cleaned off some more dust and grime to take the photo it had "Impala" on the rubber boot. It's amazing what you find with a bit of a clean and a good look (We'll I am blonde).
    image.jpg
    Last edited by HZ EVIE; 27-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information