Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some help please with my new EJ wagon.

Some help please with my new EJ wagon.

Hopefully I've put this in the right Thread area, but I know that there are people on here that know so much about the old Holden's that may be able to help me make sense of some of the info from my new project. I think that I've worked some of the info out, but would like to be sure and some of the other stuff isn't making sense??
    IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2186.JPGChassis No..JPGEJ Engine No..JPG

A mate for "George" my Sandman, already named "Ziggy" as I got it the day that David Bowie died so a homage to him (Ziggy Stardust).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Evie.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

It's a 1962 Melbourne build Special Station Sedan, Pittwater Green is the colour with Triton Green interior.

Cruiser
    As above except the Special bit

578th EJ Standard Station Sedan body built in Melb, it was a manual.
    20032nd EJ Assembled in Melbourne (this shows how few base wagons were built)
    M63555 is the Serial Number M is Melb 63555 is the number of vehicles built since just after the start of EJ production.

Cmon, you've gotta give us some pictures of the rest of the car too. We're pic junkies.

That's some great information so far thanks guys.
    Sorry yes, I'll post up some more pictures tomorrow from my laptop.
    Love to know what the numbers mean on the engine block too if anyone can tell me. It is a grey motor 138 and we got it going after 30 years stored in shed. Drove it last night around the yard.
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

I love the older Holdens, look forward to the pics.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by mr.jones View Post
    As above except the Special bit
    Yeah I stuffed that up, it would have been 229 not 219. So it is a poverty pack Station Sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Yeah I stuffed that up, it would have been 229 not 219. So it is a poverty pack Station Sedan.
    I won't tell "Ziggy" that your calling him a poverty Pack Station Sedan, Innuendo. I prefer to think of him as Middle of the road. As from what I've found they were priced in the middle of the EJ range. But seriously, I already knew that he was a Standard, as the Body No. was 219 not 229. It was the Trim codes that weren't making sense and I wasn't sure about the second tag, plus the Chassis Number and Engine numbers. It's very different to the HZ. Hard to work out matching numbers as I think it's had some things added on to it and I know that could have been by the dealer back in the day too.

Anyway here's some more pics as promised:
    IMG_2188.JPGIMG_2191.JPGIMG_2199.JPGIMG_2301.JPG This was what he looked like when I went to check him out.
    And this is after some cleaningIMG_2302.JPGIMG_2304.JPGIMG_2396.JPGIMG_2397.JPGIMG_2399.JPGIMG_2400.JPGIMG_2401.JPGStill had a heap of Surfy stickers on the rear windows almost like new.
    Had Special badges on both guards and dash, but I know they can be added.
    Not sure which direction I want to head with this one yet. It sort of found me and needs all of the floor replaced, get the gears back onto the tree. Suggestions (polite ones please) would be welcome. Loving that it keeps the surfy theme with both cars too.

That is way too cool. I reckon I'd just fix the floors, tidy up the driveline, and drive it.

Has it got the old Speco floor shifter in it or something? Dad had 2 ek wagon wrecks that I used to play in as a small kid and the cool one had the floor shift. Think he sold the pair for $150 before I got right into cars. Thinking back now, they weren't in that bad a condition.
    Last edited by playwme; 22-01-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Don't take the stickers off the rear window and leave the floor shift in it.... you're continuing it's life and they are part of it's history.
    I reckon it's cool just the way it is if you stick some new floor sections in and drive it.
    it just needs a big long G&S Mal hanging out the back and it's perfect!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information