Thread: Sandman Car Club Updates Thread

Lightbulb Sandman Car Club Updates Thread

Hey guys...

I figure with all the things going on with the club, it would be handy to set up a thread where updates can be put up to keep everyone in the loop. Hope its helpful.

09/02/2016 update.

Thanks to our kick ass Treasurer Jeza, we are now an Incorporated body. Woo Hoo!! Fantastic milestone for us. We should all be proud of our efforts......standing ovation for everyone

There was a $200 fee for this, and Jeza has foot the bill. Can we all chip in a fair share (works out to $33 each) as to share the load and not have anyone too deep out of pocket. I understand this club is a voluntary thing, but the financial burden should be spread across us all. If im wrong in that thinking, please let me know.

Next step will be a bank account Jeza is opening onour behalf. So far there are 3 of us (Jeza, Dave & Ivan) as signatories for the account. As i said to Jez, im more than happy for all 6 of us to be signatories.....as i believe we are all stand up blokes and theres no bullshit between us. If you wish to be on the signatory list, have a copy of your drivers licence (front and back) to hand to Jez at the next club meeting and you'll be added to the account. Jez i'll email you mine tonight.

So the next step will be to register us with VicRoads....then we'll be 100% official and a real entity. I can tell you now, there'll be a few cold frothies to celebrate that occasion
    Would be great to get together and share high 5s

Justin is waiting on his merch mate, who should be back this week after taking some time off. Great to know merch guy is a Sandman fan, so i hope he will come up with some great ideas.

Hainzy is looking into some retro shirt designs.....and i think that'll give the club a pretty cool vibe.

Club meetings. Jeza had a great idea of having meetings every 1st or 2nd weekend every 2 months. Everyone has lots going on in their lives and its understandable not everyone can make it all the time......if theres any other suggestion for when we hold the meetings, feel free to let us know

So guys...if theres anything you want to add or ask...just fire away

Great work mate.

Let us know how we can get the cash to Jeza to make it even n all that...

Cheers.

Not sure if he wants to get reinbursed in beer or car parts.....but i think cash will be ok at the next club meeting

Speaking of next club meeting.....how does the 12th or 13th of March sound? Just putting it out there so everyone has enough time to organise themselves

Really not worried about the money guys - happy to contribute. I'm happy to kick in a bit where I can to get things underway.

The Geelong All Holden Day is coming up on Saturday 5th March - could we catch up and have meeting there??

Looking forward to seeing some retro Sandman designs

That sounds pretty cool at Geelong. Was a great turnout out of vans last year. I'd be down for that. What ya reckon guys?

Hey guys

Justa heads up....im starting to get a few requests from people wanting to get on the club rego scheme.

Just wanting to say we need to shake a leg soon and get the to do list a bit shorter.

Hope eveyone is still onboard for the 14th May

Cheers

All good with me for 14th. I know a bloke with a Green HZ sandman van who's nearly ready and also looking for club rev and will jump on board with us if we're ready - he runs a parts business so might be handy too. If we're struggling for a venue I'm happy to host down here in Geelong?

Hey guys.....reminder, this weekend is the club meeting.

Please post up if youre attending.

Happy to cruise down Geelong way so Jeza doesnt have to do the trek this time around and if hes happy to host.

Chime in guys.....need to get more things ticked off the list.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Hey guys.....reminder, this weekend is the club meeting.

Please post up if youre attending.

Happy to cruise down Geelong way so Jeza doesnt have to do the trek this time around and if hes happy to host.

Chime in guys.....need to get more things ticked off the list.

Cheers
    Sounds good to me.

Geelong would be great as its more convenient for me from Ballarat, but that's just me being purely selfish! Happy to have a get together at my place too if Ballarat's more convenient for people. Prob wont be BBQ weather but can get a few pizzas in or something..?

Anyway Ivan just thought Id post this comment again as im not sure if you caught it.. Cheers all!

Howdy Ivan. Great stuff.

Sorry Ive been meaning to get a few design ideas drawn up but been busy with work n kids and stuff. Ill have a go at a few ideas before the meeting.

I reckon that sounds good, and that pic of theirs is pretty cool. Nice and retro. I reckon some colour would be great though. I reckon the SANDMAN and the seventies needs colour! I guess with screen printing they need to be block colours and not blended or shades.

Can we just give them the image/design and they do the colour separation?

And maybe one design for club members and one for sale as merch to recoup some costs? Depending on whether that's too expensive or no though? And maybe front and back prints? Although again that might be getting too costly..? I was thinking an image which looks a bit like a seventies rock band t shirt and the back looking a bit like a tour dates print, with an appropriate image like a van on a beach with a setting sun or something....

Anyway... I will have a go at a few ideas too, and I was thinking of something based around one or two of these slogans:

FRONT
    Australian SANDMAN Car Club or SANDMAN Car Club
    then,

Less torque, more action
    Livin in the seventies...
    Lifes a beach
    Holden on to the dream
    Keepin the dream alive
    Travelling in style

BACK
    Australian summer tour
    Endless Summer
    Freedom since 1974...
    Glamping since 1974
    On tour since 1974
    Hit the road
    Australian Vanclub
    Ute van sand man

etc etc.... Something like that....?
    Or any other idea for a slogan anybody else might have..

Anyway, Ill get back to ya. Cheers.

Thread Information