Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HZ Sandman Ute flamenco red

Yes, hence the reason I was looking for you to apologise to you in person. One day.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    Yes, hence the reason I was looking for you to apologise to you in person. One day.
    Yeah be great to catch up in person someday. I was going, then I wasn't. Maybe next year.

P Plater
    Thanks Taily for the feedback, it means a lot that Sandman guys like it as well. It's not perfect by a long stretch but I feel super lucky that i got it back into circulation and can just drive the wheels off it. I'd did 500 kilometres in the last 2 weeks.

Congrats on the award, I was checking the ute out on sunday, very cool

cheers
    Max

geez Taily that sucks balls
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    geez Taily that sucks balls
    You know what, ten years ago I'd have arc'd right up over it (it has probably sheared the roll pin in the drive or dropped the pick-up in the sump) as the engine has done probably 800km since being completely stripped and rebuilt. Now I just want the thing to be reliable enough to be able to start it up cold and be able to warm it up and drive off.

Priorities I guess.
    Nunc est bibendum...

dude that is just shitty luck.. that's all. I'm sure you will take some kind of lesson from it and be better off somehow.
    BQZ

Banned
    I would put money on the oil pump is stuffed. Pack it full of vasoline and see if picks up pressure or just bin it and get a new one. I assume it's a V8 and those oil pumps are known to fail.

Cruiser
    Sorry to go off topic Geoff but Taily could it be the sender?

A couple of months ago my oil gauge dropped to zero, 2 hours from where i needed to be, and it ended up just being the sender, after a nervous drive.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I would put money on the oil pump is stuffed. Pack it full of vasoline and see if picks up pressure or just bin it and get a new one. I assume it's a V8 and those oil pumps are known to fail.
    Cheers for that James, but had the pump off already and everything is good in there and is still like new. The oil pressure relief piston is free etc but I cannot move (with pliers anyway) the drive up in timing cover so back to the builder it goes. He is standing by his product and has agreed to drop the sump and have a good look at the bearings too and if any are even slightly sus then replace the lot.

Bunny, nah, put my test gauge on it (still got most of my tools from the workshop) and nadda...

I've just got to wait until there is a slot that he can get me into, however this isn't talking about the sensational ute that is the topic of this thread!!
    Last edited by Taily; 10-08-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thread Information