Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has NBN arrived at your place as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gregbark View Post
    Attachment 14635 make sure they don't install it like this one where the tap can't turn because of the box.
    While it looks as though the tap handle might not turn without hitting the box I think it is an optical illusion. The handle is actually further away from the box than it first looks. Turn the handle 90deg and the cover will open, probably needed once every ten years. Piece of piss to lower the tap a few inches anyway. The problem I have with this photo is, why is 8" of the cable not covered by the conduit ? Close enough is good enough I suppose.
    Last edited by davegmh; 02-03-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I see where you are coming from re ordinary locations for the box.

Is there much noise emitted from the box like humming or that many flashing lights? The installation guide says for this reason should not be placed in a bedroom, but I was thinking maybe the walk in wardrobe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    While it looks as though the tap handle might not turn without hitting the box I think it is an optical illusion. The handle is actually further away from the box than it first looks. Turn the handle 90deg and the cover will open, probably needed once every ten years. The problem I have with this photo is, why is 8" of the cable not covered by the conduit ? Close enough is good enough I suppose.
    I agree. The elbow sticks out past the box and then the tap is even further out. Optical illusian or photoshop.
    No NBN here. Wireless that is both expensive, slow and unreliable. Great when trying to run two businesses.

That original wireless was 'great'!
    We had to endure that before we got ADSL2. We often remembered how good dial-up was. Could not wait to see the back end of that wireless.

Frosty mentioned NBN wireless, I might have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysik View Post
    I see where you are coming from re ordinary locations for the box.

Is there much noise emitted from the box like humming or that many flashing lights? The installation guide says for this reason should not be placed in a bedroom, but I was thinking maybe the walk in wardrobe.
    No noise, some lights. WIR a good idea if you still get good signal throughout the house. Don't forget you'll need some power points in the wardrobe.

Also notice in my photo's I put the printer in the cupboard with the NBN. No extra cost to run cables to another room.
    Last edited by davegmh; 02-03-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

We have an NBN tower staring at us with a big red light on top, but its for south Parkes, who have never had ADSL, and only 186 people can join it, which I can't believe but anyway, we have what we have and its mostly fine.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Banned
    No bank in our local town now either. 101 years of service and it's been closed down. Nearest bank is now 100km away. Australia. The clever country.

Will probably be another year or so before we have NBN. The infrastructure has been provided at a new housing estate that has not long been finished nearby, so it's happening in our area.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

For the country folk who struggle with infrastructure roll out challenges, check out a project called Google Loon. Very interesting stuff

Thread Information