Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Foxy Lady ??

Meet the Not so foxy Lady ??

Last edited by juzanobody; 28-08-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Title change

She aint looking to foxy atm

This a new project you picked up? Looks pretty straight and rust free in the photos. What's the plans.

New project, found locally, not much rust, few repairs started by previous owner, has 5 speed, no motor, may go Injected & original colour.

Finally got around to sending the tag info off for confirmation ( justification ) of spending money. Some times being a bit closer to civilisation could save a bloke money, a month ago I bought a $950 rotisserie in nsw, almost $900 to get it here so I went for the cheap $488 option to Road trains Australia depot in Katherine & a mate was gonna throw it in the back of a beef bus & send it over. I have to take my 60 wagon over for rego, plan was to pick it up then, now the van gets to go on a road trip also as a new panel beater has opened up there. 1100 Kay's there & back for him to check it out, set it up on the rotisserie back here & blast it then take back again to Katherine. Apart from this being an update feel free to comment on windscreen in or out would be better for drag? I'm going to put the bottom tailgate back on so the other panels he needs to quote on stay in there. The screen will be out for the second trip after the blasting so I'll be able to compare anyway?

image.jpg. image.jpg

"Foxy Lady" is a HG Holden Panel Van with a roof chop built by Ken Dawson. It was winner of the 1990 Van Nationals. Foxy Lady is now owned by a bloke by the name of Allan who is an avid Vanner and should be at the Majestic Vanners Van-In.

From CV&T Number 7.
    CVT7P23FoxyLady.jpg

In the 80's
    foxy_lady_80's.jpg

Foxy Lady 1991
    foxy_lady_1991.jpg

Sometime in the 2000's
    foxy_l11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    "Foxy Lady" is a HG Holden Panel Van with a roof chop built by Ken Dawson. It was winner of the 1990 Van Nationals. Foxy Lady is now owned by a bloke by the name of Allan who is an avid Vanner and should be at the Majestic Vanners Van-In.

From CV&T Number 7.
    CVT7P23FoxyLady.jpg

In the 80's
    foxy_lady_80's.jpg

Foxy Lady 1991
    foxy_lady_1991.jpg

Sometime in the 2000's
    foxy_l11.jpg
    you beet me to it l was about to do the same thing today fox lady was at wagon nationals

Quote Originally Posted by juzanobody View Post
    ..... feel free to comment on windscreen in or out would be better for drag? I'm going to put the bottom tailgate back on so the other panels he needs to quote on stay in there. The screen will be out for the second trip after the blasting so I'll be able to compare anyway?
    Screen in or out isn't likely to make much difference I wouldn't have thought. So long as you have no upper tailgate on (or make sure it's open) or even tailgate glass out.
    Good luck with the trip and blasting. Look forward to seeing the progress. Where are you located?

Yep, got early photos of the real lady also, was only referring to the twin stickers on the sides of this thing as someone tried hard with lots of surf shop stickers on it. I'll change the title when I work it out.
    I'm in the Kimberley, Kununurra, trying to get something done before the build up/ wet starts

Has anyone had any experience with "dustless blasting" ? The bloke I got the van off has bought one for his engineering business, I can use it if I pay for the compressor hire. A mate practiced on his car hoist & I tried it out on a old door. Using the water there is no heat build up, it leaves a fair residue on there but then we took it home & hit it with a gerni, came up pretty good but it flash rusted quick. Apparently there is an inhibitor that when used stops the rusting.
    I'm more concern with getting mud? jammed in all the nooks & crannies but on the rotisserie I can spin it every which way while washing with the gerni. This must happen with normal blasting? The chassis that came with this is finished & painted, but look inside the rails & it's full of sand (garnet)

image.jpeg. Stupid iPad user, I've had enough of trying to right way
    Up that??

Thread Information