Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the Foxy Lady ??

This process is brilliant, as you say reduced heat build up and distortion. Still take it easy, works better then soda blasting. Just check on the abrasive, don't need anything to harsh. It will also save on stuffing around going to Katherine and back.

I have recently purchased a Tool Pro high pressure water blaster attachment from SuperCheapAuto when they had their 30% off sale.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...ing-Kit/370470

Thanks Jason, we're using garnet, I've still got to take the van across to the beaters for a quote, I offered to pay his fuel to come over, but he was too busy with the new shop opening, my timing is crap as usual.
    Do you know anyone in Darwin to talk to about a Ls conversion?

Inners, that blaster looks a good thing, have you had a test run yet? Hanging on to the hose on the bigger version here reminds me that dropping flat grader tyres off at the shop, instead of smashing a bead breaker into them, doesn't do much for the "guns" as I get older

Quote Originally Posted by juzanobody View Post
    I'm in the Kimberley, Kununurra,
    I know a guy up there in Kununarra. He's a mechanic who moved there last year from NSW.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by juzanobody View Post
    Inners, that blaster looks a good thing, have you had a test run yet? Hanging on to the hose on the bigger version here reminds me that dropping flat grader tyres off at the shop, instead of smashing a bead breaker into them, doesn't do much for the "guns" as I get older
    I looked at these a few months back and they were $149.00 or $159.00 or something like that. When the sale was on I went it to see if they had any and I noticed the price drop to $100.00 and then realised it was 30% off that price so I grabbed one. I have a 3000psi high pressure petrol powered washer so I think it should perform. I reckon the media used will make the difference. I haven't as yet had the time to try it out as I'm pretending to be a bricklayer after the last quote I received. That's keeping me quite busy.

As with all blasting (unless you have access to a screw compressor) it's likely to be slow and tedious, but as you say it will keep the heat at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    I know a guy up there in Kununarra. He's a mechanic who moved there last year from NSW.
    They must have missed him at the border stop, I'll let them know!

Almost ready, just as a chance of a few showers in the next few days

image.jpeg

Last time I was in Kununurra was 1979 it was around 50 Degrees Celsius blowing hot desert bull dust and there was at least 50 billion flies.
    It may not be the end of the earth but it shares the same post code! Well at least that was my memory of it back then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Last time I was in Kununurra was 1979 it was around 50 Degrees Celsius blowing hot desert bull dust and there was at least 50 billion flies.
    It may not be the end of the earth but it shares the same post code! Well at least that was my memory of it back then.
    Bathurst ain't exactly the most pleasant place in Australia either lol.
    Last edited by wbute; 04-09-2016 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Typo

Made the mounts for the rottiserie then dropped the lot off af the shop

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Went to Darwin for a few parts

image.jpeg

Drove back home & picked up another I'd prepared earlier, all tags gone, has all the Hj sandman indicators but she's pretty rooted been in the bush too long

image.jpeg

Thread Information