Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found one!; one year on

When you first posted those pics a while ago of this van I thought you were dulusional and it was too far gone.
    But 1 year on you are making fantastic progress. Kudos to you Robbo

Good on you for your dedication and workmanship. Well worth all the effort.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Agree with everything said above. Wow and well done! It will always be a long project when youre doing it to that degree but itll be worth it.

Brand new van!
    I am really impressed with this level of commitment, you are building the worlds coolest jigsaw puzzle that deserves the highest amount of recognition from the entire car restoration community.

I was so proud of myself when I welded a small rust repair section in my WB!..... I'll crawl back into my corner and stare at your pictures now!

Awesome job. Well done.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

A very big thank you to everyone on your supportive and constructive comments.
    It certainly will make it a lot easier every time I go out to the shed to start the next daunting part of the resto.

Re 'playwme' - Yes, got very tired looking at spot welds. I stopped counting after 3000 (including donor van)

We certainly are glad we purchased 'Black Beauty' for panel parts. Very slow having to do the same panel twice but you know what you've got to go on with.

Will keep the photos coming as progress is made.

Good onya Robbo..... How many spot weld cutters have you gone through??
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Good question Adsinth. I started off doing the right thing and buying different types of cutters, but they all dulled off very quickly because of the rust, the best way i found was just to use a small pilot drill through both skins then try to only drill through single with the larger drill. Was a lot faster and you still have to prep-weld the panel anyway.

Thread Information