Thread: Genuine tonneau support bar dimensions - help please

P Plater

Genuine tonneau support bar dimensions - help please

I'm in the process of making a replacement tonneau support bar for my HQ ute (it was missing when I bought the ute) and I'm having trouble getting it to 'look right', as well as stopping water pooling on the tonneau.

Can someone with an original support bar pleas measure the height of the support bar (centre of the bar to the tray floor)? I assume HQ to WB would be all the same.

Thanks

I will measure one today it's about 100-125 mm above the tray You won't stop the pooling unless you at extra support bars

I don't have that model ute to measure but 100-125 mm ?? I would have thought in the vicinity of maybe 500mm from tray floor.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

I think he's referring to the height difference from the side to the centre of the bow.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy View Post
    I will measure one today it's about 100-125 mm above the tray You won't stop the pooling unless you at extra support bars
    Thanks mate... I'd really appreciate you measuring one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    I don't have that model ute to measure but 100-125 mm ?? I would have thought in the vicinity of maybe 500mm from tray floor.
    Yeah, that's roughly what I thought, but I'd like it to have similar dimensions to an original.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.ruff View Post
    I think he's referring to the height difference from the side to the centre of the bow.
    Just different ways of saying the same, but yes I want to know how much 'bend' to put into the tonneau bow (didn't realise that is their correct name - thanks)

Cruiser
    should be a few around in melb cheers

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Geopaj View Post
    I'm in the process of making a replacement tonneau support bar for my HQ ute (it was missing when I bought the ute) and I'm having trouble getting it to 'look right', as well as stopping water pooling on the tonneau.

Can someone with an original support bar pleas measure the height of the support bar (centre of the bar to the tray floor)? I assume HQ to WB would be all the same.
    Thanks

A mate of mine has a Spindrift Blue Aug 84 4 speed V8 WB Kingswood ute with just over 100k on it which he bought new. Being a Kingswood it came standard with tonneau and bow. We measured from the top of the high rib in the centre of the tray floor to the top of the bow and it measured exactly, and I mean exactly, 500mm. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by davegmh; 18-04-2016 at 03:17 PM.

I measured two wb's exactly 400 mm but I thought they looked a bit flat and
    I don't know the history so I reckon 500 mm would be right

My mate treats his WB like a baby. As I said, he bought it new and the bow is genuine original. The damn tonneau looks new and still has the original rope in it. Lol. 500mm is correct.

P Plater
    Thanks gentlemen. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a hand.

I'll work on 500mm.

Cheers

Thread Information