Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HZSM50.....she will return

Really, really sorry to see that Bill... Glad you're ok mate. Yell out if there's anything we can do to help .. Jez

Suck-O-Rama! Glad your OK Bill. The Van is fixable but gee that's not a pretty sight. I hope all the claims go well and we see the rebuild soon.
    Got photos of what took you out? Might make us feel better about your misery.

Bill is with shannons Insurance......after explaining the accident, theyve agreed to hes not at fault with the idiot hitting him when they were on the wrong side of the road. Its up to Bill what happens next, but he wants her back on the road.

Im sure will come on here soon enough after the mourning period has passed. Bill is an easy going guy with a positive attitude, there were a bunch of laughs between us, but you can imagine his pain.

It was a Mitsubishi Lancer that hit him......apparently a right off too. Young fella in mums car from NSW. Lucky there isnt a mob after him.

Hi to a my fellow Sandman friends.

Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you on the forum and my face book friends as well.
    For all you kind words of support and thoughts it makes me know I'm not alone in my time of grief.

I would not want to wish this on anyone its starting to sink in now the impact of what has happened to my beautiful girl.

I will keep you all updated on the progress of the repairs, She a bit sore at the moment but I'm going to give her all the TLC She deserves.

Once again a huge thank you to all.
    To Ivan and Chris I class you both as two of my best mates thank you guys.

DSCF0398_zps2e4b8586.jpgDSCF0397_zps8b27329f.jpgDSCF0399_zps91056cf2.jpg

Hay all HZSM50 here. My heart is still beating, I'll be back and will look forward the catching up with as many of my Sandman Brothers and sisters. Bill has Promised me this
    Thank you all from the bottom of my Sump.

Ouch!
    So you were turning right into that driveway and he was attempting to overtake you and clobbered the right guard? I'm not sure I've ever seen one ripped off quite like that.

And heres the lancer.....throw it in the tip

Hi Bill. Gad your ok and its definitely a sick feeling to see HZSM50 bashed up like that. I hope you get everything back to A1 status with Shannons help. Whats that i hear?....both of your HZ Sandmans were involved! Gee, not sure how you managed to be driving both at the same time, but I guess that's what insurance is for.

Wow thats devastating! Glad your in one piece though!

I have a LH front guard rust free (not needed by myself and only taking up room). If you want it you can have it. Only thing is im in SA. So it may not help. Can t freight. Or im in melb on the 10th of June. Im happy to drop it off it it can be used to get this back on the road.

All the best with the rebuild! Im sure there is many of us that would be happy to help keep costs down if needed to get it through insurance.
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Wow!
    That's my biggest worry every time I drive my Sandman.
    I know you'll get it fixed, there's a lot of talented panel beaters that would be able to sort that out..... just pick the right one!

Glad you're OK, you could have easily been hit in the door.

And what was the goose doing trying to overtake you anyway???????
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Again thank you all for your kind words and support.
    I have been in touch with the Panel beater who did the original restoration on my girl and hes as keen as mustard to get it back on the road better than ever.
    Last edited by HZSM50; 17-05-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information