Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HZSM50.....she will return

im sure your panel beater would know how to correct that chassie and hopefully keep all numbers matching without going for a chassis change over

Hi Rocky.
    Thanks for your kind word and support.
    Its in the hand of the insurance at the moment, It will head back to Charlton for the full repair.
    I'm guessing I will be chasing some parts for it, so i will be in touch.
    looking like the insurance will just pay me out, the good thing is it will not go on the repairable right off register as its over ten years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    With works under insurance coverage, i would strive for a replacement chassis if numbers matching isn't a concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Bill. How you feeling today? The accident was two days ago and i imagine some aches and pains are surfacing about now?
    Hi Damien.
    Got a Bruise on my left leg now, from hitting the steering wheel. Back pain has gone now. I'm very luck to be alive 1 second later he would have slammed into the driver door @100kph

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    im sure your panel beater would know how to correct that chassie and hopefully keep all numbers matching without going for a chassis change over
    Hi XX7.
    Yeah i have sent the pictures to Nippa and he said they have repaired worse than that.
    So fingers crossed it should be still matching numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Oh Bill what a mess so sorry. I was fortunate enough to see this beauty before this Tool hit you. If you need any thing just ask we have some bits. I am so concened this may happen to us, as we drive everywhere. Deffo have grills and other bits n pieces. Feeling gutted looking at this poor old girl.
    Hi Jennie.

It is something we all think about when we are out and about, but it doesn't stop us. It gut wrenching for me as it was truly me baby I still love her. we will get together when she is back on the road.
    Thank you for your kind words and support. when its time for me to go shopping I will post a parts list on the forum.

P Plater
    Bill
    I feel for you and would hate for my HZ Sandman Ute to be hit. I have been driving mine everyday to work since I got it back on the road, and yesterday in heavy Sydney traffic I had a middle aged man in a new VW Golf "R", while driving videoing on his phone my ute. He started from the back, came to the side and then cut in front in what seemed like a continuous "shoot" on his phone. I couldn't believe it and to top it off, when I was going through an intersection I had a guy in a Commodore next to me taking photos while he was driving. Bill I don't have any parts to offer to fix HZSM50, but if you find any you need in Sydney, I'm happy to pick them up in the ute, and from my company despatch them to Victoria.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Starkeywin View Post
    Bill
    I feel for you and would hate for my HZ Sandman Ute to be hit. I have been driving mine everyday to work since I got it back on the road, and yesterday in heavy Sydney traffic I had a middle aged man in a new VW Golf "R", while driving videoing on his phone my ute. He started from the back, came to the side and then cut in front in what seemed like a continuous "shoot" on his phone. I couldn't believe it and to top it off, when I was going through an intersection I had a guy in a Commodore next to me taking photos while he was driving. Bill I don't have any parts to offer to fix HZSM50, but if you find any you need in Sydney, I'm happy to pick them up in the ute, and from my company despatch them to Victoria.
    Geoff
    Hi Geoff.
    Thank your for you kind word.
    Its a hazard that we all face with our treasures people taking pictures and video while driving. They don't seem to realize how bloody dangerous it is.
    Thanks for you offer of help much appreciated.

Cheers Bill.

Hi Bill, so sorry to see the damage to your van. I have bare HZ ute sitting in my back yard, its not much more than a chassis with a bare body on it. If it is of use to you, it's yours, just need to find some wheels to make it a roller.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Ditto with everyones offers, if theres parts I can help you with, I'd be happy to help. Ive only seen it in pictures, but always liked your van & would like to help any way I could to see it back on the road. Also if it was me, I would be looking for a chassis without numbers, just in case, they are still around

cheers
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Dick61 View Post
    Hi Bill, so sorry to see the damage to your van. I have bare HZ ute sitting in my back yard, its not much more than a chassis with a bare body on it. If it is of use to you, it's yours, just need to find some wheels to make it a roller.
    Hi Dick61.

Thank you for your offer It is heading up to Charlton tomorrow to have the Quote and Assessment done. When I know more about what will happen I'm sure to be in contact with all that have offered help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Ditto with everyones offers, if theres parts I can help you with, I'd be happy to help. Ive only seen it in pictures, but always liked your van & would like to help any way I could to see it back on the road. Also if it was me, I would be looking for a chassis without numbers, just in case, they are still around

cheers
    Max
    Hi maxsandman,

Thank you for the offer I'll be putting a list together when the time comes.

Hi guys and gals,
    Just letting you all know that Shannon's have agreed to pay out my van, so full steam ahead on the operation to bring her back.
    Will post pics as they come.

Cheers to all.

Good news mate, glad it going to be back

Thread Information