Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Daily, VF Sandman Sportswagon

Learner Driver

New Daily, VF Sandman Sportswagon

Hi guys my name is Mitch.

I'll be brief.

After a lot of shopping around for a decent low km v8 holden wagon in auto I was talked into a new or near new car by "the boss." We looked at everything from private sale 100,000km ve's for 18g to ex interceptors at auctions and even brand new but to get the options I wanted I couldn;'t afford a series 2.

So driving down the road the other day after a customer bailed on my appointment I spotted a sandman wagon in Yarrawonga. I slammed on the brakes pulled in "just for a look."

Within a week I owned it!

so its a v8 auto wagon in black.
    currently no optional extras but I'm planning on buying them seperately rather than let a dealer bend me over for profit.

It's picked up tomorrow and is already booked in for a front end clear car bra as it'll probably be doing 30 - 40,000km per year in and out of truck depots and up and down freeways.

I've dropped in here after seeing the facebook page and would be very interested in sharing my vin number and getting an idea of how many were actually made (or known to be made) and in what spec. i understand that somewhere here is a tally keeper? Mine was still on carsales until recently so I'm sure its already on the Tally.

Congrats Siroller - a very neat looking VF Sandman. I'm pretty sure that Innuendo is collecting VF Sandman info.

Yeah I do a V-Series database and log as much info as I can on them.
    Let me know if your willing to supply the info when you collect your new ride and I'll send you a link to complete a form.

Congrats on your Sandman.

Learner Driver
    cheers blocker and innuendo.

shoot me the form either by pm or to Mitchamturner@bigpond.com

I'll fill it out when I can.

Very nice. Id love one of these!

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Very nice. Id love one of these!
    I can see why not everyone here loves em but in saying that this car will do what I need it to, look good (well thats opinion) and hopefully down the track will be a more saleable proposition than a stock ssv. I had a VY wagon prior to this and it was an absolute workhorse. everything from sleeping in the rear to hauling old car parts and towing tandem beaver tailed car trailers loaded with an hk v8! it survived 360,000km and still drove well on its second suspension overhaul.

it was sold off still running (and it was only a 6!) so i assume it lives on.

Its a nice wagon a lot of people think Holden missed the mark not making a van yes were stubborn us old vanners
    having said that i did just buy the 2016 SS ute it suited my needs and tax reasons as well
    you will get many years of enjoyment

Nice indeed. I toyed with the idea of one But the leader of the opposition said I had enough toys.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSM50 View Post
    Nice indeed. I toyed with the idea of one But the leader of the opposition said I had enough toys.
    Would that be the minister of war and finance??
    Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

I have the minister for everything !

Thread Information