Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hz replica sandman ute/ custom

Well done on the stripes.

We now do offer a complete paint masking kit for the stripes. Sorry we didnt sooner! haha!

But well done. By the photos you have them very close. The tailgate logo is quite well done. Its not too far off the original !

Good stuff!
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Well done to you Starks, a truly remarkable job. The best I've seen in ages, totally unique. Enjoy your work, thanks for sharing the photo's.

Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    Well done on the stripes.

We now do offer a complete paint masking kit for the stripes. Sorry we didnt sooner! haha!

But well done. By the photos you have them very close. The tailgate logo is quite well done. Its not too far off the original !

Good stuff!
    Hey thanks! Yeah didnt figure i would get them quite perfect but was going off photos for source material. Still as you say theyre close to original, so good enough for me. I actually saw some pretty poor attempts at painting the fan tail on the quarters, and made me see how poor they look when not in the ball park. Id love to know how many variations holden had back in the day before settling on what we have.

If I ever paint another set a full mask set would make it sooo much easier. Ill keep it in mind thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Well done to you Starks, a truly remarkable job. The best I've seen in ages, totally unique. Enjoy your work, thanks for sharing the photo's.

Cheers.
    Thanks! Glad you got some enjoyment out of it. People enjoying the art of the build makes it all worth while!

Thats a classy Ute. Congrats on a great build. Happy motoring

Wow what an awesome ute! I also grew up remembering these vehicles not as factory original but slightly modified. Many vehicles had their own personal touch depending on the taste and personality of the owner. What better way to express your individuality and creativeness and skills than through your car! Great job Starks
    HX Sandman Van - Bronze (Factory Tuxedo Black)
    HZ Kingswood V8 ute - very neat driver
    WB Bitsa Ute - inj 304 t700 19 inch rims stato front - bit to do still

Cruiser
    looks fantastic what a great job what a shame your not in melb love it well done cheers rocky

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Thats a classy Ute. Congrats on a great build. Happy motoring
    Thanks on the kind words!

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by mannavale View Post
    Wow what an awesome ute! I also grew up remembering these vehicles not as factory original but slightly modified. Many vehicles had their own personal touch depending on the taste and personality of the owner. What better way to express your individuality and creativeness and skills than through your car! Great job Starks
    Cheers! Im glad people are understanding the car. Its a shame cars arent built like that anymore. Once upon a time if you could come up with a new paint effect or add fibreglass work etc you were the man, but now the show scene really is quite boring. Nice cars but its the same build over and over again with no real personality. Last year I had the opportunity to prep and paint a replica of the munsters Dragula which did well at motor ex and that was interesting if not painful haha. Ill add a few more photos as I slowly progress but want to add a few more custom touches in the engine bay. Interested in your signature you have a hx van that was dactory black? That must be quite rare surely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    looks fantastic what a great job what a shame your not in melb love it well done cheers rocky
    Thanks mate... well I spent a week in melbourne once but turns out its friggin cold haha.

Thanks a cracking ute. Well done

Not having a dig here because i love what you have done to this ute but it never ceases to amaze me why trimmers cant get all the creases out of the seat covers how fricken hard can it be

Thread Information